Most impressive game graphically?

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I'd like a game or two that will really show off the power of my PC, what are the best looking games out?

Agree, Oblivion + graphical enhancement mods such as the higher res ground textures and additional paralax mapping

Easily Oblivion. My vote for best engine goes to Source though: Lush graphics and decent frame rates (Dark Messiah absolutely rocked).

I'd like a game or two that will really show off the power of my PC, what are the best looking games out?

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the best looking. Your sig doesn't show your computer specs, but to run this game at max settings, you'll need at least 1 8800 GTX.

HL2: Episode 1 is also one of the best looking games out there.

Oblivion without any mobs looked like crap to me, outdoors atleast... and the peoples face :( horrible.

HOWEVER (before some !!!!!! jumps at my throat :p) it looks ALOT better with the hi-res texture mod and the parallax mod. Still can't get over the faces though...

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 / Lost Coast look pretty damn good to me too.

I think the faces in oblivion weren't too bad, they were obviously dynamically created with the same tool you use to mod your own face at the start, I think if they were all done to a higher standard/quality there would be far less veriaty, and having everyone look the same in such a big game would be really retarded.

I think they did a good job.

Company of Heroes and FEAR, both with all settings maxed and high res...

Whats your computer specs? Assuming you have the best then NFS:MW, F.E.A.R, HL2:E1, Prey, Riddick: escape from butcher bay, Quake 4 Ultra settings

You didn't ask for good gameplay or replay value ;)

I think the faces in oblivion weren't too bad, they were obviously dynamically created with the same tool you use to mod your own face at the start, I think if they were all done to a higher standard/quality there would be far less veriaty, and having everyone look the same in such a big game would be really retarded.

I think they did a good job.

I don't know... the faces just ended up looking like 75% of the people in town had down's syndrome. Maybe its just me :confused:

Another vote for Oblivion + graphical mods. Best looking game I've seen and I can't even come close to maxing out the settings :eek:

For second place I would say FEAR. At that time when I first played it I was blown away with the graphics. Even today, after spending lots of time with Oblivion, I still think the graphics are some of the best I've seen.

Company of Heroes should get mention too...the sheer amount of detail it has for an RTS is pretty incredible.

I don't know... the faces just ended up looking like 75% of the people in town had down's syndrome. Maybe its just me :confused:

On top of that, half the people will be talking in one accent, and then suddenly switch to a different one.

Lol yeah.. thats a whole 'nother can of worms right there. Like the one NPC that is reading his line and then says "Fuck I messed up, lemme try again...". That made me laugh and go "WTF" pretty good :eek:

Back