• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Most expensive SLR camera lens?

That is cheep compaired to some:

Cannon 800mm F5.6 IS MSRP: $10,900
Nikon 600mm F4 VR MSRP: $10,249.95
The bigdaddy: Sigma 200-500mm F2.8 $28,999
My Favorite: Leica 50mm F0.95 is $10,495

And topping the scales at over 2 million dollars: Leica 1600mm F5.6
 
The Canon 1600mm lens was about $90K new and sells used for $120K or so.
 
Wow.... crazy on those huge lenses. :eek:

I would love to try one out sometime... once I become a multi-millionare. :p
 
Awesome! This thread delivers! I hope one day to be filthy rich enough to go Leica... odds are that won't happen though.
 
I've always dreamed of having one of the bigger Canon Lenses.

My wife has told me after I buy her a boat, I can get a Canon 300mm 2.8L. That will likely be the only really expensive lense I will ever own. I've got the 24-70 2.8L and the 70-200 2.8L IS
 
I see everyone talking about 300 F/2.8 lenses and raise you the legendary (and really really rare) Nikon 300 F/2.

http://www.cameraquest.com/nf3002.htm

I don't know how much it would sell for, since some of the production lenses were converted into cinematic camera lenses, and there were only an estimated 450 of them. I think they'd sell for $20000-30000.

My most expensive lens is still the 80-200/2.8, non-AFS. $850.

edit: I never even heard of the 200-500 F/2.8 until now. That's crazy.
 
And I thought my Pentax SMC 12-24mm was expensive @ $800 =/ Damn this hobby is expensive lol.
 
^Top quality glass is expensive. $2400 is the most i ever paid for a single lens, and i doubt i will ever pay more. but you never know.
edit: I never even heard of the 200-500 F/2.8 until now. That's crazy.
yeah, that Sigma is quite something. how about the Nikkors 2mm and 4mm fisheyes, both with angle of view of 270 degrees, or 6.3mm at 220 degrees. better still, a Nikkor 20mm /1.4 or 75-180 /2.0. too bad those lenses were never mass produced or in some cases, development was halted at the drawing boards.
 
I have some rather expensive glass but nothing like this eBay listing
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have some rather expensive glass but nothing like this eBay listing

Since I have recently been looking and fish-eye lenses... that lense makes me drool...

For the crazy price though, I'll stick with ones that do around 180 degrees.

Imagine trying to keep yourself and shadows from the tripod out of the picture with that lense.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've always dreamed of having one of the bigger Canon Lenses.

My wife has told me after I buy her a boat, I can get a Canon 300mm 2.8L. That will likely be the only really expensive lense I will ever own. I've got the 24-70 2.8L and the 70-200 2.8L IS

Hmmm....I would think that a boat costs more than the Canon 300L F2.8 IS???
 
Hmmm....I would think that a boat costs more than the Canon 300L F2.8 IS???

By a long shot...pun intended.

The boat is for both of us so I don't mind waiting. The 300 is for me as my wife will almost never use it.
 
Back
Top