Most Dissapointing game of 2007-08

POPEGOLD

[H]ard|Gawd
hands down to me is HELLGATE LONDON

i played the demo and hated every second of it...

Agreed, the Hellgate: London demo is pretty bad. I was hoping that it wasn't representative of the full game, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. My roommate got the game, so I had a chance to play it for 10-12 hours. It was fun for a little while, but the bad outweighed the good. I found the game to be very unpolished -- bad cutscenes (a CG book with voiceover? WTH?), lots of bugs, ugly and cluttered interface, and the game got repetitive very quickly.

Definitely the most disappointing game of 2007.

For me, Mass Effect. Considering how f'ing pumped I was for that game, it ended up being a pretty big letdown.

For me, the Hellgate demo really disappointed. The demo pushed my interest right out the door and I've not been compelled to give it a second chance.

Bioshock

I was highly anticipating this game and found a straight from consoles to PC port, with glowing objectives, low res textures and crappy AI. The "relations between characters" that Ken Levine spoke of, in Bioshock's presentations, did not exist and Bioshock was no different than any other linear corridor shooter, where we kill almost everything that moves. Story was good (at least until the part I played it, at a friend's), but it didn't save the game from being just another FPS, ported from the console.

Not to mention the out of this world copy protection system they incorporated in the PC version...

A total let down IMO.

Ya Jericho for me too. I mean...It was OK and I did beat it, but totally understand why people hate it too. It wasn't what I was hoping for in the game though.

Maybe one day I'll get into it. generally I'm pretty good about only picking up quality games based on aggregate reviews or a friend's recommendation, but this one was sold to me on a rather extensive review/screenshot thread here. Bah, last time that happens.

Crysis.

Not only does it run horribly on every machine known to man, but it's boring to boot. Crytek proves once again they have but one setting on their power suit: Maximum Mediocrity.

Ya Jericho for me too. I mean...It was OK and I did beat it, but totally understand why people hate it too. It wasn't what I was hoping for in the game though.

The problem for me was that I was hoping for it to be as good, if not better, than Undying, which of course is a perfect setup for being dissapointed.

I'd have to say Bioshock. I don't know if I overly hyped for it or what, but I was expecting something familar with SS2 - and it didn't deliver that feel. Sadly I haven't even finished it...

Kane and Lynch is the first thing that came up off the top of my head and here's why:

Instead of the turd they whipped out, all they really had to do is give us Hitman Blood Money 1.5 with squad embellishement and you would had a kick ass game. It really could have taken care of itself. I'm a huge Hitman fan and I had been looking forward to that game for quite some time.

What a waste.

Crysis.

Not only does it run horribly on every machine known to man, but it's boring to boot. Crytek proves once again they have but one setting on their power suit: Maximum Mediocrity.

I played the crysis demo... and i wasnt floored and it ran so bad... i might try the full game once it hits the bargain bin...

Crysis got slapped up by COD4.... which i loved

I'd have to say Bioshock. I don't know if I overly hyped for it or what, but I was expecting something familar with SS2 - and it didn't deliver that feel. Sadly I haven't even finished it...

To compare any game to SS2 is doomed to fail...those are lofty shoes to fill

they should just remake System Shock 2 with todays graphics..and not change a thing otherwise...so the younger crowd who missed what a perfect game is suppose to be like would get a chance to enjoy it.

Unreal Tournament 3

I was pretty excited to try it after I heard they fixed a majority of the issues I had in the demo but it was a very boring game with stale gameplay.

Warfare was an abomination and they should have kept Assault and Onslaught seperate. That would have helped but the game just doesn't have that pull anymore.

Unreal Tournament 3

I was pretty excited to try it after I heard they fixed a majority of the issues I had in the demo but it was a very boring game with stale gameplay.

Warfare was an abomination and they should have kept Assault and Onslaught seperate. That would have helped but the game just doesn't have that pull anymore.

UT time has come and gone.... people are into class based team warfare more these days

Crysis. Nice graphics do not make a great game. The game was dull as ditchwater. Considering Farcry was a better shooter and came out 2 years ago cements the disappointment.

Bioshock for a close second. One of the most console-centric 'PC' games I've played in a while. A disgrace to the greatness and legacy of System Shock 2, spiritual successor my arse

My top five biggest dissappointments of 2007 in order of worst to least dissappointing.

1.) Quake Wars
2.) Jericho
3.) Supreme Commander
4.) Hellgate London
5.) Unreal Tournament 3

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was disappointed by Bioshock. I played for about an hour, but that's all I could take.

COD4

Since I do not play multiplayer.

I don't normally do multiplayer either, most games just aren't a lot of fun for me but I love the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer. I've played it quite a bit since I got the game and I'm not tired of it yet.

Medal of Honor: Airborne.

The game was great as a single player game, probably the most fun I have had in SP gaming..... but MOH series is a Multiplayer series. And EA fell flat on its face with this game. Took then way to long to fix it with patches ... and by then COD4 was out. Game over. But for the record ... SP vs SP ... MOH:A owns COD4.

Hellgate certainly was a bomb

I was somewhat dissapointed by Half-Life episode 2 because I expected it to have more outdoor fights rather than spending half of the game in a mine. Certainly, TF2 and Portal carried the weight of the orange box.

COD4

Since I do not play multiplayer.

i enjoyed COD4.... and there wanst alot of hype to it like CRYSIS so I dont think anyone was letdown by it.

but COD4 single player is either u love it or u hate it from what i have seen said

but the MP is murder.. no question

You're not. I'm not a big RTS person but my best friend is and he couldn't agree with you more.

Last RTS i really loved was stargate

i hope stargate 2 doesnt dissapoint me...

seems like game makers these days are having a hard time rebuilding the legacy of a great game.

i enjoyed COD4.... and there wanst alot of hype to it like CRYSIS so I dont think anyone was letdown by it.

but COD4 single player is either u love it or u hate it from what i have seen said

but the MP is murder.. no question

The SP was good...I hated the multiplayer though.

Bioshock. I just didn't "get it" like seemingly all the 360 owners did. The game's just not very fun.

Another vote for Hellgate London. Very Disappointing.

I knew the game was in trouble when I read an article that said "The developers are confident they know where all the bugs are.." -this a week AFTER the game went gold. Red Flag.

But to be fair, The game wasn't bad its "OK", it was released buggy and just didn't live up to the hype, its certainly not worth the monthly charge they are trying to make people pay, espicially not when you can play a full MMO for the same fee.

Last RTS i really loved was stargate

i hope stargate 2 doesnt dissapoint me...

seems like game makers these days are having a hard time rebuilding the legacy of a great game.

I think you mean Starcraft.

Another vote for Bioshock, the graphics were bleh, I got pretty bored with it fairly quickly. Crysis as a game was bad but the graphics never cease to amaze.

Assassin's Creed, anyone?

I was horribly disappointed with its boring quest mechanics.

Quake Wars
Cain and Lynch

those are my top two.. Bioshock was fun for what it was but i would not play it again and wish i had spent my money on a different game.

Back