Morrowind Gets Multiplayer With OpenMW's TES3MP

monkeymagick

[H]News
For those who have patiently waited, it's time to rechoice. One of the best RPGs ever, Morrowind finally receives multiplayer support --in the form of a mod. Using the fan-made OpenMW engine, a couple of modders were able to solve an old issue that many Bethesda games' multiplayer mods have struggled with which is NPC Sync; when computer-controlled characters interact with all players at all times. One of the developers notes "there are still significant problems and missing or unfinished features."

Check out the video.

I don't understand the premise... why do you want to play Morrowind multiplayer? It's a fantastic game but it's not designed for co-op or competitive gameplay at all.

I don't understand the premise... why do you want to play Morrowind multiplayer? It's a fantastic game but it's not designed for co-op or competitive gameplay at all.
Maybe some folks want to spend some quality time with a friend in a game they enjoy a little too much aka weirdos.

Yeah, was kind of thinking the same. However it may be cool to do coop for the old skool playthrough with a bit of a new twist. I wonder how this will work out with critical characters and quest lines though...

I would not normally go through password recovery, but one of my favorite Amulets I called Death From Above. A pile of buffs, a good shield and 20 secs of fast levitation. There are quite a few stupid fun things a group can get up to:

Back