• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Morroblivion

Off the FAQ;

"Why don't quests work?

As I said above, Morroblivion is currently in beta and quests and dialogue do not work yet. As of now, you can't do much more than explore the land and cities, and kill creatures and stuff. Quests are scheduled to be added eventually somehow."

Cool concept, hope they get it working good. Vvardenfelll>Tamriel.
 
I just finished reinstalling and modding Morrowind a couple days ago- it's still an amazing game. It was so much more complex than oblivion and had many more quests.

Telvanii FTW!
 
This is great. I'm still playing morrowind to this day, I can't say the same for oblivion no matter how much prettier it is. :D
 
you might also be interested in this project

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16976

not much has been going on as of late with it either though, but its still got hours of playtime and old lands (solstheim, vvardenfell, mournhold) to explore, mobs to fight.. not sure about quests though. Never tried it myself :O

Though I think it LOOKS more complete than Morroblivion... could be totally wrong as i have both sitting on my HD but haven't tried either yet.
 
you might also be interested in this project

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16976

not much has been going on as of late with it either though, but its still got hours of playtime and old lands (solstheim, vvardenfell, mournhold) to explore, mobs to fight.. not sure about quests though. Never tried it myself :O

Though I think it LOOKS more complete than Morroblivion... could be totally wrong as i have both sitting on my HD but haven't tried either yet.

Cool, yeah I was just looking at this , I think im going to download it.
 
The mod linked from Nexus, SoVvM is not as complete as Morroblivion, but is hand made instead of a conversion. It's well worth the download to aapreciate what the SoVvM has done and from what I read this month... plans to start redoing.

Morroblivion is probably the single most important project to the underground Oblivion community. I say underground because Bethesda has blacklisted the project.

I don't understand it, modding gets them all these PC purchases, then they give the finger to their most creative modders. They get pissed when someone:

1. Owns both games
2. Wants to essentially update the Morrowind gameplay to Oblivion standards.
 
Never played Morrowind, but I really liked Oblivion.

Should I get Morrowind and wait for this or jump right in even with the old graphics? They can't be that bad, can they?
 
I played Morrowind a few years ago, went on a discovery quest of my own and got lost, couldnt work out where to go.
Do you need a good memory or am I missing something.
Are there are any mods to help keep missions co-ordinated?

I have more time now so maybe it wont be an issue, but just in case :)
 
I played Morrowind a few years ago, went on a discovery quest of my own and got lost, couldnt work out where to go.
Do you need a good memory or am I missing something.
Are there are any mods to help keep missions co-ordinated?

I have more time now so maybe it wont be an issue, but just in case :)

Not a mod, but a really complete webpage:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind

Particularly check the "Quests" link.

Edit: there, in the Mods Resources section, is a description of Tamriel Rebuilt, another porting of Morrowind to Oblivion.

Edit again: oops, Tamriel Rebuilt isn't a porting of one game to the other:

The aim of Tamriel Rebuilt is to build "new" provinces for the TES games, not to convert from one game to another. We will not use such utilities, our mod for Morrowind will stay purely a mod for Morrowind, our mod for Oblivion will stay purely a mod for Oblivion.
 
Last edited:
Do you need a good memory or am I missing something.
Are there are any mods to help keep missions co-ordinated?
Make sure you patch it. IIRC the quest log came with a patch - before that you basically had to make your own on a sheet of paper.
 
The mod linked from Nexus, SoVvM is not as complete as Morroblivion, but is hand made instead of a conversion. It's well worth the download to aapreciate what the SoVvM has done and from what I read this month... plans to start redoing.

Morroblivion is probably the single most important project to the underground Oblivion community. I say underground because Bethesda has blacklisted the project.

I don't understand it, modding gets them all these PC purchases, then they give the finger to their most creative modders. They get pissed when someone:

1. Owns both games
2. Wants to essentially update the Morrowind gameplay to Oblivion standards.


Yeah I dont understand it either, This could ultimately make them money, and please the fans. Its the best of both worlds.
 
This isnt a professional project so its dangerous for Bethesda to allow access to their Intellectual Property.
Even if it is a professional project, Bethesda may not want other companies creating mods.
I imagine they would need the full game engine to be licensed which would be cost prohibitive.
I dont think they are licencing the engine anyway so they cannot sanction this mod officially.
 
Bethesda came down on Morroblivion because they are converting Morrowind files into Oblivion. This is plagiarism, and Bethesda can't allow that.

Tamriel Rebuilt is building separate mods for Morrowind and Oblivion, and is building all files from scratch, without copying or converting them from another game. No plagiarism, no problem.
 
Bethesda came down on Morroblivion because they are converting Morrowind files into Oblivion. This is plagiarism, and Bethesda can't allow that.
Plagiarism would imply that they're passing off Bethesda's work as their own creation, which they're not. I think you mean copyright infringement. But I don't think it qualifies for that either, since they're not actually distributing assets from Morrowind, AFAIK - they're just providing the tools to extract them from an existing installation.

All I could find on the complaint made is some vague reference to a terms of use violation. Smells to me like they're full of shit... They clearly want this mod gone (they pulled it from their forums, and asked TESNexus to do the same), but they don't seem to be bothering the author... My guess it that they have no legal grounds for this, and they know it.
 
Back
Top