Morgan: IBM Creates First Movie Trailer By AI

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If IBM really wants to impress me, they should get Watson to analyze a movie’s scenes and auto-generate a great soundtrack/score.

from 2:10 on explains everything.
A.I. creating a trailer? Complete bullshit done for marketing purposes.

That is creepy...And I thought what I was working on was advanced.

The future is AI/human collaboration. When big blue first beat grand champion chess player people thought "the computers have won"...but in reality what happened is the best players started working with AI to get better. And now the best player isn't and AI or a human but a melding of the two.

Part of this "created by AI" is probably bullshit, but...
Damn that was one of the best trailers I've ever seen. Not too long, didn't give too much info. Made me REALLY want to see the movie.
And then they decide to ruin it by showing more, and my excitement just instantly deflates.
Why does trailers have to suck so hard nowadays? I don't want to see all the action sequences beforehand and know exactly what it's about damn it.

Part of this "created by AI" is probably bullshit, but...
Damn that was one of the best trailers I've ever seen. Not too long, didn't give too much info. Made me REALLY want to see the movie.
And then they decide to ruin it by showing more, and my excitement just instantly deflates.
Why does trailers have to suck so hard nowadays? I don't want to see all the action sequences beforehand and know exactly what it's about damn it.
What did you think of the "Prometheus" trailer?

Any way, if you think today's movie trailers are bad, you should see the one's from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. Even the best movies make you go, "Oh my god that's bad" today...case in point

Proof that even a great movie can be garbage if not handled right. That early studio SW trailer shows what could have been.
Thankfully it received great editing and of course its famous score. And we have what we have today.
Well sorta :rolleyes:

SW fans check out the Despecialized Edition!

:joyful:(y)

that was good, but kinda creepy, but those parts were supposed to be soo mission accomplished :)

We are a long way off before A.I. can do anything creative. Stats, stats,stats. That is all it can do. And that is all that was done in this trailer. It statistically analyzed the footage, then handed the data off to a human. Nothing more nothing less.
Everyone shouldn't be so eager to hand the reign's over to your technological overlords.
They are number crunching gods (small "g") and nothing without their human operators.

Back