More video card issues :(

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
Hey guys, ive got some more issues with my 4870 1gb card.

im running a dual monitor setup and my secondary monitor and primary monitor keep getting these weird black spots on them that goes away when i move the browser around or refresh the screen.

and also, the video card drivers seem to be acting up alot more lately. and i completely disabled ati overdrive.

BTW, im running windows 7 beta instead of vista atm, do you think that might be the problem?

Should i try RMAing the card or something. it's kind of making me nervous.

Could be memory failure.
Is any part of the back of the card (where the ram is and everywhere else) getting suspiciously hot?

Could be memory failure.
Is any part of the back of the card (where the ram is and everywhere else) getting suspiciously hot?

i havent checked it, but last time i checked with GPU-z the mem temp was 57c according to the temperature reading.

If you're running Win7 beta, then all bets are off. You really should check it on Vista or WinXP.

i havent checked it, but last time i checked with GPU-z the mem temp was 57c according to the temperature reading.

There is no way to measure the memory temp with GPU-z or any other temp monitor app.

Back