more than one overclock?

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
just wondering if you guys have like 1 or 2 OC settings that you use so youre not like stressing your hardware to the max while browsing the web and chilling?

i have one running 9x250 with the 166mhz divider ram at 204mhz 2-3-2-8 1T vcore=1.325 vdimm=2.8

and then gaming is 9x300 with 150mhz divider ram at 225mhz 2-2-2-5 1T vcore 1.325x113% vdimm 3.2

is this a good idea? im not switching to 2.7ghz everyday just whenever i plan on heavy gaming or something like that. everything runs fine at 2250mhz just better at 2.7ghz

i have a billion depending on what ram i'm using, the ambient temps and what i'm trying to do.. ;)

how can u make different settings and what do u use to change/set them ?

Volkswagen said:
how can u make different settings and what do u use to change/set them ?

well in my old DFI NF4 lanparty rig, the bios has a few memory banks where i can store all bio setting in. so whenever i feel like which, i just load it up

oh i c...I tought it was like a program or something like that....

Volkswagen said:
oh i c...I tought it was like a program or something like that....
bah, programs are for noobs :p

if you want, write down notes on a piece of paper if you can't remember all the settings in your head :D

if you really have your heart set on something like that....buy an abit. you can do that exact thing that you want a believe.

but the real question is....why not just run 2.7ghz 24/7??

well im one of those people who is sometimes worried about overvolting their hardware and not being in a position to get a replacement. yes this doesnt seem like the ideal overclocker.

also i sometimes have to randomly leave my comptuer for 30minutes at a time and yea could have it folding but 1. im not that commited and 2. 50C load still scares me.

also i have been worried that having my memory at 3.2vdimm and the cpu only at 1.48~(1.325x113%) may risk killing the memory controller, wish i knew about that stuff when i bought the VX.

though if i ever get off this stock cooler to a bigT or a si-120 i will probably stay at 2.7ghz

Vulcanworlds said:
well im one of those people who is sometimes worried about overvolting their hardware and not being in a position to get a replacement. yes this doesnt seem like the ideal overclocker.

also i sometimes have to randomly leave my comptuer for 30minutes at a time and yea could have it folding but 1. im not that commited and 2. 50C load still scares me.

also i have been worried that having my memory at 3.2vdimm and the cpu only at 1.48~(1.325x113%) may risk killing the memory controller, wish i knew about that stuff when i bought the VX.

though if i ever get off this stock cooler to a bigT or a si-120 i will probably stay at 2.7ghz

dont worry about 3.2v killing your mem controller at 1.5v. you have a margin of only .1v between mem contoller and cpu voltage. that is perfectly safe. now if you were at like 3.4v, its bigger issue then.

For a while I was messing around with 2 OC settings.

3.4 / 5:4
3.25 / 1:1

Now I just leave it at 3.4,

Back