More S.T.A.L.K.E.R Screenshots

HardOCP News

[H] News
Shacknews has a handful of new S.T.A.L.K.E.R screenshots for those of you interested. I grabbed a low-res screenshot to whet your appetite, head on over for all the high-res screenshots.

A new set of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl screenshots is now available, though if you read the most recent previews you've probably seen them.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I am really disappointed with the graphics quality in the game. I remember a few years back when the first screenshots came out, I was extremely impressed. However, a lot of advancements have been made since then. Compared to games like Oblivion, Call of Juarez, and Crysis, Stalker doesn’t look all that impressive anymore. I sure hope the game designers have a serious storyline to back the game up. They took way to long and lost the chance to have the game succeed for its good graphics alone.

Is this how the graphics are supposed to look like on final release? Nothing new here. Maybe the gameplay will compensate for a lack of cutting edge graphics. I'm not really looking forward to it anymore. Sigh.

I am really disappointed with the graphics quality in the game. I remember a few years back when the first screenshots came out, I was extremely impressed. However, a lot of advancements have been made since then.

I agree. I remember watching videos of it last year and being really impressed, and these screenshots aren't impressive anymore. I value story and gameplay over graphics, and this game seems to be promising in both of those areas, but there's no reason they should cut into the graphics.

Agrred, graphics don't look that good at all. Not really excited about the storyline either and the monstors just look stupid. Now if they combine that with a buggy ass game like others have been releasing and it will be a disaster however if they make it fun the WOHOO!

Some of those monsters or dog creatures need a few more polygons.

It looks a lot like FEAR but more bumpy, i.e. more bump maps on some of the texures.

The lighting is good in some screenshots, but not so great in others, shadows look ok. The bump mapping and texture quality is done well. The trees are ok, but the grass and ground textures could use some work. The characters are pretty detailed.

I'm still interested in playing it.

Kyle and I were WOWED by this game a few years ago when we first saw it, the graphics are now dated but the game play and story might make it worth it....I have my fingers crossed.

Kyle and I were WOWED by this game a few years ago when we first saw it, the graphics are now dated but the game play and story might make it worth it....I have my fingers crossed.

Same here...

I care more about being drawn into the world and having fun than bitching and moaning about graphics. So long as I can play at a steady frame rate and crak the settings up I will be happy.

What I am looking forward to is the A-Life life simulation engine and the NPC AI in general. So far it looks like both have a chance to live up to their promises and will not end up crap like the "Radiant AI" of Oblivion.

Back