More NVIDIA 1180 GPU Rumors

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Q-BZ likes this.
  2. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

1180+ is interesting. I wonder what they mean?

3. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

I wonder if the "1180+" will be the FE cards?

4. seanreisk

seanreisk Limp Gawd

Fark fark fark fark I just ordered an MSI GTX 1080 from Amazon about 10 hours ago... I am so torn, I've wanted a new video card for over a year. Should I cancel?

auntjemima likes this.
  5. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

I would.

6. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Limp Gawd

Just saw this on YouTube as well. More BS clickbait? People need to relax.

Brian_B and Armenius like this.
  7. jnemesh

jnemesh Gawd

Everyone is so hyped for a new graphics card released...I think they are setting themselves up for a bit of disappointment when they do. I am not expecting much from Nvidia this time around.

d8lock likes this.
  8. ZLoth

ZLoth Gawd

What are you upgrading from? What is your monitor resolution and maximum framerate?

Bigshrimp, BlueFireIce and Armenius like this.
  9. martinmsj

martinmsj [H]ard|Gawd

I have nothing to back this up but I have a gut feeling this “1180+” is an alias for overclooked models. Technically it’s 1180 plus performance. Would not be the first time nor the last time. Sounds like they were just using shorthand for “overclocked 1180.” In other words, I didn’t think it’s anything to be “OMG check this out.” The video is basically that “OMG OMG OMG OMG ...... it’s nothing” meme and the guy behind this knows this.

Nytegard, jnemesh and Armenius like this.
  10. ZacharyS

ZacharyS Gawd

I bought a 1080 TI last week, not too worried about it. My 980 was really struggling in a lot of games to push 1440p/144hz.

Armenius and meltdowner like this.
  11. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Awesome! Wow, if this thing can handle 4k gaming at 100fps I'm sold! Hell I might have to get one of those OLED 144hz 4k tvs and piss my wife off!

Balzac likes this.
  12. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Its a great card. I hope you got a good price.

13. RogueTadhg

RogueTadhg [H]ard|Gawd

If you always wait on the next big thing to come out, you'll never get any upgrade. I always suggest customers and friend to buy what's current and proven. I remember when I went ahead and followed the AMD Hype train.

I'm hoping that 1180+ means "TI"

auntjemima and Armenius like this.
  14. Slyr7.62

Slyr7.62 Gawd

I'm thinking about selling my Dual fan 970 while it can still fetch $150+. What say you?
    Putting in another $150-200 for a 1070/Ti would be nice.
    Bought it a year or so ago for $165. Not gaming alot right now so I could sell & go without a GPU for a while to wait for a good price.

15. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

Why even buy a 1180? You know six month after release the 1180 Ti comes out so there is no point unless you feel your e-peen is too small.....I still run a 980 Ti and have no intention of upgrading since I can still run my games at High/Ultra settings for most of my games at 1440p.......
    I'm talking Shadow of War, The Division, Mad Max, ect. Until I find that I can't get good/playable frames from a game at even high settings that when i'll worry about upgrading.
    I find it crazy to buy a 1180 and then get mad that the 1180 Ti comes out six months later. But that just how i am, if you have the money to burn be my guest. I'd wait for the TI version other than speculate on rumors.

Xinmosni and Aioeyu like this.
  16. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Yea you gotta wait for that ti man. Its so much better.

Also, need a game worth playjng to truly enjoy your new card. The games out there really arent doing it for me right now. Vermintide 2 and PUBG do fine at 2k on my 1080ti.

When is star citizen going to be finished!?!?

17. Exercate

Exercate Limp Gawd

I noticed yesterday that EVGA has removed almost ALL of their water cooled 1080 & 1080 Ti's. Is that "a sign" of them gearing up for the new 11xx's???

SickBeast likes this.
  18. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

Idk, what card to do you have? GTX1080's are currently the price I paid like a year ago. Seems like it's still a bad time to buy. I think you should determine if you're buying to to buy it or if there's a game you play that needs it. I would not expect prices to go down until the holidays so if you need that mad FarCry5 FPS or Battletech then yes. If not then decide if you can wait til sept-october.

19. seanreisk

seanreisk Limp Gawd

Attempting to cancel...

I'm upgrading from a GTX 770, which is pretty old. That makes me sound like a tech slacker, but there was a time when I bought the hippest and hottest and replaced my computer every 12 months. Those were the days when I had money - I took early retirement so I could take care of my elderly parents, which scooshed my cash flow, and for a few years I've been throwing the cash I do have down the toilet (as in buying a car that can hold two walkers, replacing the refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove, putting in a walk-in bath tub, rebuilding the front porch and pouring new concrete on the driveway so the front of the house is wheel chair accessible, etc., etc.)

But I've finally got the cash saved up, and I'm sick from waiting through that crypto mining mess. My monitor is good, a 28" Dell IPS 2560x1440 60hz, it looks great and will do me fine for the present. The rest of my system is aged - It's a 2700K with 16GB of RAM, so I don't have access to the newer SSD interfaces. But I'm not buying a new (Intel) system until they have Spectre and Meltdown secured in hardware. A video card is what I want, but I don't feel good dropping $500 when new cards are coming in 30 days.

20. GoodBoy

GoodBoy Gawd

It will not. The Ti's never release at the same time as the base card(non-Ti). The 1180 will come out, and the Ti will be next year sometime.

The + card is probably a different memory configuration (more memory).

Geforcepat likes this.
  21. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Cancel the order. The 1080 ti shouldnt cost more than 450 right now. The prices are going to drop bigtime soon. Look at craigslist. Lots of people sellkng the 1080ti because they want tonget the 1180

GoldenTiger and sirsad like this.
  22. katanaD

katanaD [H]ard|Gawd

going to be interesting to see the prices

23. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

999 wanna bet?

24. TonyZ

TonyZ [H]Lite

If that leaked benchmark of the 1170 is true I'd cancel. Still running my 970 and am going to wait till the 11's hit.

25. spine

spine 2[H]4U

Ya'll over thinking it. :rolleyes:

"1080+" simply means what will be positioned above the 1080.

So they release the 1080 first, followed by the 1070 and '1080ti OR Titan', whatever is to be above the 1080.

Easy! :cool:

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  26. d8lock

d8lock Limp Gawd

$450 for a 1080 ti? I'd like to see some proof.

27. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

I
    Im selling mine for 450$ right now... The prices will drop soon and ill be getting the 1180. The sooner you can sell it the better. The market will ge flooded with people selling once the 1180 is announced.

28. Nightfire

Nightfire Gawd

Do you guys remember when everyone thought the 11xx series gpus were going to be called 20xx. How retarded was that!

Armenius likes this.
  29. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

Custom card availability always tapers off near the end of the generation's life cycle. I would check to see if there is precedence for it in EVGA's case, though.
    1180 = $699, 1170 = $499. I think the market will bear a slight increase compared to the 1000 series and it's probably justified on the business side of things considering things we've heard about 12nm. $999 would price it out of both normies and crypto miners, in my opinion, and NVIDIA would never make their money back.

30. RogueTadhg

RogueTadhg [H]ard|Gawd

We need to have a conversation.

Is your sale on the forums?

31. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Craigslist. Its the founders edition.

32. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Lets bet. I think youre wrong. Nvidia is about to pet the world know they are the bosses of gpu and you will pay what they demand. Those prices you listed will be the 1080ti prices and the 1070ti once they announce the 1100 series.

33. Randall Stephens

Randall Stephens Limp Gawd

Get a divorce and solve the wife problem. Then your tech splurge will bring you joy.

Denjoy and schlitzbull like this.
  34. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

How about forum signatures. Winner can tell loser to put anything they want in it in addition to what is already there so long as it doesn't break the forum rules. If we're both wrong then live and let live.

Edit: Let's add a time limit to it, too. 6 months and then you can get rid of it.

35. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

36. exlink

exlink 2[H]4U

I doubt the 1180+ is the Ti version...but if it is...GIMME.

37. meltdowner

meltdowner [H]Lite

Deal!

N4CR and TheHig like this.
  38. Mav451

Mav451 [H]ardness Supreme

Man's best friend :p

GoldenTiger likes this.
  39. TheHig

TheHig Limp Gawd

Nice bet guys! We shall see eh?

Personally I think the 11 series will list a slightly higher msrp than the 10 series and then actually be another 20% higher at retail. We shall see.

The used deals are getting decent. I picked up a 1080 for myself and a 1070 for my brother from the Forum. New however the 10 series are just now finally getting some sales that bring pricing to where it should have been a year ,or more, ago.

If nvidia is drowning in overstock then the founders cards should all be 50-100 cheaper direct right now.

40. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

Oh you went there huh? :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:
    We may be on the 2200 series by the time that happens....

Kwaz and jnemesh like this.
Tags: