More NForce 4 Chipset info....

You can find the info Here , or simply read the quote below...

"nForce 4: The standard version is the "lowbudget" version, cheap but very usefull to build a nice system with great uptodate features!

nForce 4 Ultra: An optimized version of the standard version including extra functions like SATA (3GBit/s) and some advanced security options. The price will stay be reasonable according X86-Secret!

nForce 4 SLI: This chipset is specially developed for gamers if you ask me, this board should be used for SLI configurations. The price will be expensive but sooner or later we know the official pricetags for all four nForce 4 chipsets.

nForce 4 pro: Last but not least, the nForce 4 Pro chipset, build for servers with multi processor support, up to 8 CPUs. It will also support the Express PCI Hypertransport from NVIDIA, this chipset will be the first chipset from NVIDIA specially developed for the server market."

Any idea when they are going to come out?

You really need to update this too because there's more info out now.

News : Motherboards : NVIDIA nForce 4 Chipsets Info

* nForce 4 : Standard version built with cheaper motherboard but without sacrificing performance for entry level PC. Support standard features like Four x1 PCI-E slots, Five PCI slots, eight S-ATA drives and six P-ATA drives
* nForce 4 Ultra : Improved version with additional functionalities like dual NVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet, NVIDIA RAID,
Nvidia RAID, SP-10 Soundstorm 2 audio. Supports S-ATA II (3GBit/s) as well as advanced firewall options.
* nForce 4 SLI : For the workstations and gamers supporting SLI mode. One x16 PCI-E slot and one x8 for SLI card (x16 slot)
* nForce 4 Pro : For servers solutions with Dual Opteron with multiprocessing capabilities up to eight way. Supports additional PCI Express HyperTransport controller with NVIDIA IO4.

* nForce 4 : Standard version built with cheaper motherboard but without sacrificing performance for entry level PC. Support standard features like Four x1 PCI-E slots, Five PCI slots, eight S-ATA drives and six P-ATA drives
* nForce 4 Ultra : Improved version with additional functionalities like dual NVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet, NVIDIA RAID,
Nvidia RAID, SP-10 Soundstorm 2 audio. Supports S-ATA II (3GBit/s) as well as advanced firewall options.
* nForce 4 SLI : For the workstations and gamers supporting SLI mode. One x16 PCI-E slot and one x8 for SLI card (x16 slot)
* nForce 4 Pro : For servers solutions with Dual Opteron with multiprocessing capabilities up to eight way. Supports additional PCI Express HyperTransport controller with NVIDIA IO4.

Your SLI data is wrong...nVidia has said it will actually be a 20 lane board, with either a 16+0 config or an 8+8 config with a switch. This should be more than enough for quite sometime seeing as 8xAGP hasn't been maxed out yet.

Any info on whether or not the Pro will also have SLI capabilities?

Here's what I've found out so far. I've added some of my own speculations as to how these chipsets are going to be used...

I regularly visit a chinese site (http://www.mvktech.net/news.php) because they have some crazy info on to-be released tech. I got LGA775 benchmarks there three weeks before I saw any other anywhere else! I also got info on the Sempron 2 weeks before anyone else did.

I found some NF4 info and here's what I got. The NF4 will come in 4 flavors, the nForce4, the nForce4 Ultra, the nForce SLI, and the nForce Pro. Here's some info.

NF4 (Basic)
Socket 754 and 939
1000MHz HyperTransport bus
1x PCI-Express x16
4x PCI-Express x1
5x PCI connections
8x SATA connections
6x PATA Channels
10x USB 2.0 ports

This chipset's probably going to be used in home computers. It features the base features for regular users. I expect it to come in a S754 and S939 version; I very much doubt there will be a S940 version.

NF4 Ultra (Enthusiast)
Socket 754 and 939
1x PCI-Express x16
4x PCI-Express x1
5x PCI connections
8x SATA connections (SATA-II!!! 3GBit/s)
6x PATA Channels
2x 1Gbit Ethernet
Nvidia RAID
Nvidia Firewall
Soundstorm II
10x USB 2.0 ports

The NF4 Ultra's going to be for the enthusiast power-user who wants all the bells and whistles. Featuring all the great things that the decked out NF2 had, this chipset will be great!

NF4 SLI (Workstation)
Socket 940
1x PCI-Express x16
1x PCI-Express x8
4x PCI-Express x1
5x PCI connections
8x SATA connections
6x PATA Channels
10x USB 2.0 ports

The SLI version of the NF4 has a pretty obvious feature, the extra PCI-Express slot. I don't know of it's going to have some of the other features the Ultra has (mainly nVidia RAID, SATA-II, 2x 1Gbit Ethernet) but it would be smart to... Actually, it would be really smart to include everything the Ultra has. It would be the ultimate gaming machine for that crazy enthusiast... But speaking for a someone who would be doing professional graphics and whatnot, nVidia RAID, SATA-II, 2x 1Gbit Ethernet would be really useful. Especially Nvidia RAID.

Now we all know the NF4 chipset supports all AMD K8 sockets, but I doubt we'll see it in the S939 flavor simply because it would defeat the purpose of the workstation concept: dual processing. There's a chance (don't know the odds) that there might be a S939 socket. Seeing as the FX will have a dual-core processor in it's family, maybe we'll see a S939 NF4 SLI motherboard.

NF4 Pro (Server)
Opteron support for 1, 2, 4 and 8 way configuartions
I'm not sure what other details we would find here but I'm sure they'll be server oriented. I wouldn't be surprised to onboard dual Gbit Ethernet. I guess we can assume that it'll feature slots for PCI-Express cards and a couple PCI slots for legacy tech... I wonder if we'll be seeing a new form onboard video. :confused:

The site I got this from mentioned that NF4 SLI would be used to promote the 6600GT but the 6900Ultra aswell. So, assuming it'S not a typo, this would indicate that along with the NV43 core (6600GT), another core (NV4?) will be introduced at the same time, or shortly after. And assuming ATI's not going to let this breeze by without having some say in the matter, they'll release the R480 core at the same time. I have no idea what the R480 will bring except for native PCI-Express but I know it's not going to have PS3.0. The Inquirer says that would add another 60 million transistors... The ATI R500 is supposed to have PS3.0 amongst other and it'll be released before 2005.

That's all I got :p ,

Cheers!

nice post you got there amdinside :)
you broke it down very nicely for a newbe like me who wants to know everything about the nforce 4.one question. did the chinese site say anything about when we can expect it to hit the shelves?

why wouldnt they enable SLI on the 939 boards? alot of enthusiasts that dont want to jump on opteron chips and server boards are gonna have a hankerin for SLI, i dont think itd be very smart not to offer it to the mainstream enthusiast...

to agree with lithium, i also think nvidia will have a sli board for a consumer socket (most likely 939). seeing how hard they are marketing their sli technology to gamers, it would kind of defeat the point if they only made it available through 2+ way opteron (server/ high end workstation) systems, forcing people that wanted it to use an intel or other product.

Back