More mixed up views about i7 :eek:

OC-Chronic

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
234
Heyya all, :D

I'm back to frustrate some people profoundly, I guess, with my thoughts.

I wonder if there is a practical need to Prime or LinPack the crap out of all 8 threads. If I run a 170 BClock, on all 8 threads & run full tilt in Prime95 64-bit, I'll go beyond 100c on my DFI MI-P55 & the board will fry pretty quik.


I think all four cores Primed with HT off is the most realistic, while testing for full stability. Even further, It think if you turn off HT & load 3 of the 4 cores, you will still be 100% stable but you can't run full tilt on all 8 threads. Is there any scenario that would load all 8 threads, other than folding or benching with HyperPi or Prime95-x64?
 
Heyya all, :D

I'm back to frustrate some people profoundly, I guess, with my thoughts.

I wonder if there is a practical need to Prime or LinPack the crap out of all 8 threads. If I run a 170 BClock, on all 8 threads & run full tilt in Prime95 64-bit, I'll go beyond 100c on my DFI MI-P55 & the board will fry pretty quik.


I think all four cores Primed with HT off is the most realistic, while testing for full stability. Even further, It think if you turn off HT & load 3 of the 4 cores, you will still be 100% stable but you can't run full tilt on all 8 threads. Is there any scenario that would load all 8 threads, other than folding or benching with HyperPi or Prime95-x64?

Not that I know of.

Every game I have ever played, only loads up 2-3-4 cores, It will NEVER use the HT fake cores.

Also watching 1080p's does nothing to those HT fake cores.

Now encoding a movie will use it, Maybe if you use alot of VM servers having HT will help.

But if you are a gamer/movie watcher. IMO using HT is useless, but it is a nice feature to use WHEN it accually is used.
 
Back
Top