More HL 2 Source Benches at Gamers Depot...

Let it be noted that this is my attempt to re-rail this topic.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=67

Comments? They didn't use the 4.8s [unfortunetly] and they didn't mention anything about opts [don't you just HATE that, reviewers should make it a policy to tell us what driver settings they're using on BOTH cards]. But they still seem pretty in-line with Gamer's Depot and Tech Report's findings. XTPE still winning. GT still winning. All cards pull in playable frames at the max settings.

^eMpTy^ said:
so from this statement I can gather that you're going to leave? or at the very least change the subject to something even slightly productive?

no, you gathered wrong , buddy. what do you want to change the topic to a hl2 benchmark where ATI cards score well? oh i forgot you disregard those baselessly

R1ckCa1n said:
Yes, I have a bad habit of resorting to personal insults when all is lost. :rolleyes: I am consistant in my beliefs and do not feel it necessary to try and strong arm any forum poster with my opinions, like some do.

What you don't realize if how foolish you guys look when it's all bragging until faced with the fact they bought a card for one game with no replay value, much less frantically try and make any new poster buy into your line of BS. Congratulations, you have accomplished your mission to turn the main video fourm into the NVIDIA OR NOTHING forum, you can take a bow.

God you seriously have a passive aggrasive behavior disorder man....

The Batman said:

Comments? They didn't use the 4.8s [unfortunetly] and they didn't mention anything about opts [don't you just HATE that, reviewers should make it a policy to tell us what driver settings they're using on BOTH cards]. But they still seem pretty in-line with Gamer's Depot and Tech Report's findings. XTPE still winning. GT still winning. All cards pull in playable frames at the max settings.

good you're doing better. keep it up

doh-nut said:
no, you gathered wrong , buddy. what do you want to change the topic to a hl2 benchmark where ATI cards score well? oh i forgot you disregard those baselessly

and where did you get this idea? the XTPE is really fast in HL2...I haven't disregarded that fact at all...the problem is the XTPE is unavailable and the Pro is still very close to the GT and has been shown to not be playable at the same resolution as the GT (16x12)...so what do you want me to say?

Are will still talking about benchmarks here?

Oh wait no...this a flaming thread... :mad:

The Batman said:

Well I would tend to think that if they didn't care to get the 4.8cats they probably didn't care to enable the optimizations for nv...so who knows...I'm guessing these are relatively accurate...again, for me this is all about the GT vs the Pro...and nothing has changed...the GT is still the card to buy...until that changes, all the fps in the world from the XTPE doesn't impress me much...

^eMpTy^ said:
and where did you get this idea? the XTPE is really fast in HL2...I haven't disregarded that fact at all...the problem is the XTPE is unavailable and the Pro is still very close to the GT and has been shown to not be playable at the same resolution as the GT (16x12)...so what do you want me to say?

its been a trend. websites that report nvidia doing well are accepted as gospel here, yet websites that show a big ATI lead are disregarded as nothing. and no proof either way.

doh-nut said:
its been a trend. websites that report nvidia doing well are accepted as gospel here, yet websites that show a big ATI lead are disregarded as nothing. and no proof either way.

where we all agreed ATI is 10-20% faster at the moment. The only site that has ATi up more then 30% is DH, which everyone with a half a brain knows thats BS

doh-nut said:

Hmmm. A conspiracy, huh?

I think it's great that there are forums where people can discuss and disagree with each other (like adults) without fear of being ridiculed or "banned". Sounds like you have an issue with anyone that don't see things your way. Regardless of your "exalted" status here, I don't understand why you need to resort to personal insults to get your point across (calling people assholes, etc.). You've made it clear that you are diehard ATI. How about letting other people express their opinions as well?

poppachocks said:
Hmmm. A conspiracy, huh?

I think it's great that there are forums where people can discuss and disagree with each other (like adults) without fear of being ridiculed or "banned". Sounds like you have an issue with anyone that doesn't see things your way. Regardless of your "exalted" status here, I don't understand why you need to resort to personal insults to get your point across (calling people assholes, etc.). You've made it clear that you are diehard ATI. How about letting other people express their opinions as well?

mistake #1 - if you would have paid attention in this forum, you would have read that im not biased either way, im actually getting a 6800gt soon. don't try to make character assesments, because obviously you suck at it.

mistake #2 - you think im the only one thats been throwing insults? difference between me and him is ive been calling it like it is.

mistake #3 - what batmans behaviour in the past has been has been FAR from acting like an adult.

if you don't see the nvidia bias in here, you're blind.

and good job ignoring batmans post. but if you do feel like getting the whole picture in this thread, you might not want to skip posts.

now just drop it

I wasn't speaking just about Batman's posts. I'm sure he can defend himself.

I haven't insulted you, but you made sure to take a couple of shots at me. Maybe you would feel better if you threatened to have me banned, since I don't agree with everything you say.

Add me to the list.............

:rolleyes:

poppachocks said:
I wasn't speaking just about Batman's posts. I'm sure he can defend himself.

I haven't insulted you, but you made sure to take a couple of shots at me. Maybe you would feel better if you threatened to have me banned, since I don't agree with everything you say.

Add me to the list.............

:rolleyes:

you called me a diehard ATI fan, which is the same as callign someone a fanb o y. that is an insult and please refrain. not to mention that wasn't true. now do you want to act civil? or keep on with this sheraid?

edit: and might i add, rolling your eyes is a definite insult. please refrain from that as well

Don't you love it when people go 'uh uh I'm not biased, I'm buying an X soon'. Last I checked I was on a Williamette for 3 years, and I didn't let it stop me from lovin' AMD. Owning the product doesn't mean shit. You can still be biased. It doesn't absolve you of anything.

I stated the fairly obvious, that the XTPE is vaporware [oh ya but your next door grandmother has one, and she's got the HL2 Beta Leak too...they must both be out and about right!], and you started a whole soap opera on it. If you were truly unbiased as you claim to be you would have just blown it off, not engaged in a 5 page pissfest. Like I said before, it takes two to tango. At least I'm not being a hypocrite, I make no false claims of modesty. I prefer Nvidia. You prefer Ati. And that's why we locked horns. Rather simple really.

doh-nut said:
you called me a diehard ATI fan, which is the same as callign someone a fanb o y. that is an insult and please refrain. not to mention that wasn't true. now do you want to act civil? or keep on with this sheraid?

It charade. I think you told me I suck at character assessment, and that I was blind if I didn't see the Nvidia bias here. Those are insults....please refrain.

The Batman said:
Don't you love it when people go 'uh uh I'm not biased, I'm buying an X soon'. Last I checked I was on a Williamette for 3 years, and I didn't let it stop me from lovin' AMD. Owning the product doesn't mean shit. You can still be biased. It doesn't absolve you of anything.

I stated the fairly obvious, that the XTPE is vaporware [oh ya but your next door grandmother has one, and she's got the HL2 Beta Leak too...they must both be out and about right!], and you started a whole soap opera on it. If you were unbiased as you claim to be you would have just blown it off, not engaged in a 5 page pissfest.

the pissfest wasn't about video cards, so much as it was about your attitude. if you are acting civil and objective, then there is no problem. now that is in the past, do you want to continue bickering or drop it?

doh-nut said:
the pissfest wasn't about video cards, so much as it was about your attitude. if you are acting civil and objective, then there is no problem. now that is in the past, do you want to continue bickering or drop it?

My attitude does not violate any hard rules. As such it's none of your god-damned buisness. Nobody likes a good sumaritan. If you're going to pray for my eternal soul do it in private, don't air your dirty laundry out here. In other words don't play HardModGod.

poppachocks said:
It charade. I think you told me I suck at character assessment, and that I was blind if I didn't see the Nvidia bias here. Those are insults....please refrain.

no, It's charade.

although that second one can only be taken as an insult if the condition was met.

The Batman said:
My attitude does not violate any hard rules. As such it's none of your god-damned buisness. Nobody likes a good sumaritan. If you're going to pray for my eternal soul do it in private, don't air your dirty laundry out here. In other words don't play HardModGod.

no it does, we have both violated the rules. now do you want to act civil now?

doh-nut said:
no, It's charade.

although that second one can only be taken as an insult if the condition was met.

Well, I guess the condition is met, because I don't see it. I see people arguing on both sides. I haven't seen a mod step in and side with one faction or another.

Sorry if you feel that people are ganging up on you. If you want to drop it, then fine. Just don't expect people to back off of their position if you are not willing to do the same.

doh-nut said:

You fighting a losing battle with these guys. They would rather go down in a ball of flames than admit ATI is faster in all popular games, except Doom3.

Why is it the main trashers have yet to post their scores?

R1ckCa1n said:
You fighting a losing battle with these guys. They would rather go down in a ball of flames than admit ATI is faster in all popular games, except Doom3.

Look who's talking the guy with no proof lol or any proof you say has erroneous results

rancor said:
Look who's talking the guy with no proof lol or any proof you say has erroneous results

Post your scores or better yet a screenshot. I'll gladly post mine AGAIN.

Why is it the boys here with the large mouths are the ones who either A. don't have the hardware or B. never post actual results.

R1ckCa1n said:

Last I checked the GT beats the Pro in FC/D3/HL2/CoD/KotOR/WCIII/etc etc etc. So ya, you won't see me spread FUD by saying it doesn't.

R1ckCa1n said:

Alright,

xtpe 97

gf ultra 87

x4 aa x8 af

Did I say the xt pe was faster? But it won't stay that way? I've been always said the two top end cards are very close, so don't try to talk you way out of this one.

R1ckCa1n said:

Why is it the boys here with the large mouths are the ones who either A. don't have the hardware or B. never post actual results.

No Rick I want to see the proof that ATi is faster in every dx game like you said and still say!

And you benchmarks are total bs if you are getting over a hundred with your pro if you didn't mod it and overclock it.

rancor said:
And you benchmarks are total bs if you are getting over a hundred with your pro if you didn't mod it and overclock it.

What is the point of buying something if you can't push it? This is the [H]ardForum remember?

R1ckCa1n said:
What is the point of buying something if you can't push it? This is the [H]ardForum remember?

Because you said when you first posted your benchmarks that you weren't overclocking your card and it wasn't modded.

rancor said:
Alright,

xtpe 97

gf ultra 87

x4 aa x8 af

Did I say the xt pe was faster? But it won't stay that way? I've been always said the two top end cards are very close, so don't try to talk you way out of this one.

So now you own a xtpe and ulra? If so, what exact setting where used to obtain these scores.

R1ckCa1n said:
So now you own a xtpe and ulra? If so, what exact setting where used to obtain these scores.

Go aback and check, I posted those along time back

Yeah I own both I also have a gt too, and another pci express version of the xt. BTW everybody here knows that :)

why do you think I was one of the first people to come out and say HD's benchmarks were bs?

rancor said:
why do you think I was one of the first people to come out and say HD's benchmarks were bs?

I think they are too... i get higer scores and have less computer :D

Overclocking is fine. Modding isn't. If you modded in the extra 4 pipes then it really isn't a Pro anymore. And it's not representative of what people with a Pro will get since only the VIVOs mod.

Well, can't we all agree the X800XTPE is a really, really powerful card (is it still hard to buy them though? Are they still $600?)

But man, I thought they said the X800s would be better than the Nvidia's by 30%, but by the benchmarks I seen, the GT beats the Pro. It kinda puts me at ease though, I was afraid that the source engine was going to choke up on Nvidia cards until Nvidia releases some kind of new driver.

rancor said:
Right and get your head out of the sand do the tests without aa and af if you want see dx performance.............

Who the hell buys a 400.00-500.00 card to run with no AA or AF? If it can't run max everything, it's not worth the money.

The Batman said:
Overclocking is fine. Modding isn't. If you modded in the extra 4 pipes then it really isn't a Pro anymore. And it's not representative of what people with a Pro will get since only the VIVOs mod.

Who said it was modded? It will overclock like a MOFO.

R1ckCa1n said:
I think they are too... i get higer scores and have less computer :D

I never said that the ultra is faster in the HL2 benchmarks and I don't remember anyone else saying it was faster either, I said with a driver revision it possible going to be equal or faster. But as it stands right now the xt pe is 10% faster according to my benchmarks and 15% according to others.

But the GT is faster then the pro period in HL2 in all tests other then DH's benches.

R1ckCa1n said:
Who said it was modded? It will overclock like a MOFO.

Thats not representative of all x800 pros so don't use your benchmarks as the staple.

R1ckCa1n said:
Who the hell buys a 400.00-500.00 card to run with no AA or AF? If it can't run max everything, it's not worth the money.

He's not saying don't run it with AA/AF. He's saying AA/AF have nothing do with the DX9 API. If you want to make statements like the Pro is better at DX9 then it should be able to beat the GT at "pure speed" settings.

Honestly, that wasn't rocket science.

Back