• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

More help [hardware] - Differant servers

budec

Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
748
Our Freindly [H]order member KodiakStar hooked me up with 2 dualie boards (see this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=946922). thanks KodiakStar!

Here is the specs on it:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...GR-4PQF8N&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en#23

I'm going to build this out for my garden and need some help.

First off, what is the fastest proc I can stuff in this thing? Pent III 933 Mhz?

Second, I'm going to grab a stick of this RAM per board (don't have to run in pair, correct?)
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=32X72PC133-REG-N&cat=RAM

Thrid, need a Heat Sink/Fan combo, suggestions (and links) please... nothing fancy, looking for something cheap here but enough that it won't burn out the CPUs. Needs to include both Fan/Heatsink and needs to be compatiable with the motherboard.

Fourth, it looks like these boards need a VRM (there is a wierd slot/socket thing by the second proc)... anyone know where I could buy two of these? Or at the very least what the specs/name of it is so I can try to google/ebay it.

Fifth and most important, thanks KodiakStar! :D
 
Just an idea....for this thread and your other thread.

I am going to leave them here, but if you don't get some answers by the end of the day, I would consider moving them to the SMP forum....more help may be there. :)
 
AtomicMoose said:
Just an idea....for this thread and your other thread.

I am going to leave them here, but if you don't get some answers by the end of the day, I would consider moving them to the SMP forum....more help may be there. :)


Alright, that's a good idea; if I don't get any replies by end of day throw it over in SMP Forum for me if you would be so kind :)
 
Oh yes the motherboards need a 5v or 12v vrm, you have to use the voltage regulators for running the dual processors.

I will get a name to look up online:

VXI P/N 073-20715-02 (VXI is known by: Celestica)
look up on google or ebay for a VXI 12v vrm or on Ebay, in the computer and networking for vrm
 
Scorpionjwp said:
Oh yes the motherboards need a 5v or 12v vrm, you have to use the voltage regulators for running the dual processors.

I will get a name to look up online:

VXI P/N 073-20715-02 (VXI is known by: Celestica)
look up on google or ebay for a VXI 12v vrm or on Ebay, in the computer and networking for vrm


Great, thanks!

Would this work?
http://www.alancomputech.com/073-20715-02.html
 
I forgot to point out that the 5v vrm's were for the pentium pro's and some slot 1 pentium 2 or 3's. I would still look over ebay for a 12v, because you just don't know sometimes with the voltages.

Better get the 12v and be safe than sorry, and it will undervoltage if needed.
 
Back
Top