• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

More a burden than a blessing

Shalantas

n00b
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
53
Hello,
My girlfriend comes to me and hands me her laptop and says "it's broken" After countless hours of uploading her large amount of music and pictures i did a fresh install of windows xp proffesional. The laptop she handed me is a Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094. I managed to get all the drivers installed for it except for one. The sm bus controller. Now i cannot seem to find any place to download what i need. The cause for my search is because i thought a driver like this was included in the OS when it is installed. I uninstalled the driver and reebot the computer in hope that microsoft will do it by itself. I have already tried toshibas website and i have already been to intel's sight, now i may have overlooked a driver. So basically what i need is a driver for this laptops chipset... i belive. Unless i miss understood what it meant by sm bus controller, feel free to correct me then call me mean noob names. Thank you in advance.
 
I've always hated the SMBus drivers. Can probably get it from intel's download center.
 
SMBUS is generally the chipset drivers. I've seen computers work with out these drivers but I usually like to have no exclamations in my hardware manager.
 
SMBUS is generally the chipset drivers. I've seen computers work with out these drivers but I usually like to have no exclamations in my hardware manager.

This.


Install Intel's latest chipset package.
 
Back
Top