• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

More 5870 x 2 pix!!

wow there is a 5850x2 as well.
and its design looks better than the 5870x2.
any info on 5850x2 pricing?
 
Does the 4870x2 have two fans also? I bet this thing sounds like a jet engine.
 
Wow....its longer then 1 foot.

Huh....I think that would interfere with my antec 900 case and the Harddrives..might be sticking to 5870's in crossfire > 5870x2
 
Wow....its longer then 1 foot.

Huh....I think that would interfere with my antec 900 case and the Harddrives..might be sticking to 5870's in crossfire > 5870x2

Facing the same problem here, I have the antec 1200 and waiting for the 5870 but i might do with 2 5870s in crossfire instead, i have 4hdd in my case and will soon have a 5th and arranging them so the cables sticking out of the HDDs dont interfere with the video cards is going to be a problem.
 
Well I don't think I am getting this card anymore, but I am sure glad I've got this Coolermaster Stacker 830 case. Plenty of room to spare.
 
Are you sure the estimated price for the 5870x2 is 500, I would assume since that is only 120 more than msrp of the 5870 that the 5850x2 will be priced at 500.
 
You guys have to remember that the card will be released in two months which will give the 5870 time to drop in price.
 
Wow if the msrp of the 5870x2 is seriously $500 then I feel sorry for the early adopters of the single 5870 for $380.
 
Facing the same problem here, I have the antec 1200 and waiting for the 5870 but i might do with 2 5870s in crossfire instead, i have 4hdd in my case and will soon have a 5th and arranging them so the cables sticking out of the HDDs dont interfere with the video cards is going to be a problem.

It's the reason i hate Antec cases, CoolerMaster FTW!
 
early adopters always pay extra for new gear. Don't feel sorry for them unless these cards drop over a hundred dollars due to some other companies video card coming out with similar performance with a lot cheaper price.
 
My lian li p62k should be able to fit this one. Have about three inches to spare with my 4870. Another thing is that yet again the x2 will feature the pci power plugs on the top which also saves some space.
 
Wow if the msrp of the 5870x2 is seriously $500 then I feel sorry for the early adopters of the single 5870 for $380.

This is why you buy from a manufacturer with a step up program. That's why I went with XFX for my HD 5870 -- I can step up after a couple months to something faster if it indeed comes out.
 
as far as i know xfx dont do step up unless I missed the news big time.
 
Where is this XFX step up program of which you speak?
I know they have double lifetime warranty, but I hadn't heard of a step up.

Anyways if the 5870x2 is really only $499 I'll be surprised. I think that's the pricing on the 5850x2 part. I also think they should cut off some of the flab on the PCB and try to get it down to the 11.5-12" range.

PS The cosmos is a nice looking case, but I'm not convinced that a 120mm intake on the bottom is better than a 230mm intake on the front. I'd worry about how much cool air is getting into the case with the bottom fan intake orientation.
 
Yeah,,,,,,if XFX has implemented step-up that is front page news.

Going to go single 5870 to start and may add one later.
 
Yeah,,,,,,if XFX has implemented step-up that is front page news.

Going to go single 5870 to start and may add one later.

Yup. I know the 5870 will fit my case. I don't know about a 12.5 inch card though. That's ridiculous.
 
Plenty of my room for a couple of those 5870x2's in my not-so-micro matx case ;)
 
Wasn't the 4870x2 rumored to be $500 as well and it came in at $550. The 4870s were cheaper than the 5870s too, although yes the 5870 will price drop when the competition arrives.
 
nova[11];1034672762 said:
qft, i you can fit a boat in that case. i have one as well and love it.
lol @ fitting a boat. I have one, and it's massive (CM Cosmos that is). I think those Silverstone case owners will have plenty of room as well. Aren't those a bit bigger?
 
Does the 4870x2 have two fans also? I bet this thing sounds like a jet engine.

Actually those coolers look very similar to the Zalman VF900. Which are very quiet compared the stock drum fan type gpu heat sink and fans that have been the standard for a while.
 
Are you sure the estimated price for the 5870x2 is 500, I would assume since that is only 120 more than msrp of the 5870 that the 5850x2 will be priced at 500.

If you read the article, it says just that. If you read the articled.:rolleyes:
 
Perfomance wise, holy shit!! Can you say MONSTER?!?!?

Size wise, holy shit!! Can you say MONSTER?!?!?
 
to the post repeat nazi: The 5850x2 is actually new also and wasn't posted b4
XFX step up? oops
Something tells me the 5850x2 is going to be the sweet spot for price and performance.
 
If i ever do decide to upgrade, my lian li v1010b will hold it :D.

Also did you guys notice it only has 2 dvi instead of 2 dvi plus hdmi and the other output?
 
If i ever do decide to upgrade, my lian li v1010b will hold it :D.

Also did you guys notice it only has 2 dvi instead of 2 dvi plus hdmi and the other output?

Sure looks like it has 2 DVI plus 1 mini-Displayport. No HDMI, but there's no need for it with DVI.
 
I bought a ATCS 840 and Storm Sniper for longer cards and passed on Antec cases since its a tight fit with current cards. Both CM cases can fit a 12.5" card easily.
 
Back
Top