more 27" IPS coming out soon?

Aumakua

Limp Gawd
so unless I missed something the only hi res 27" IPS monitor made is the Dell U2711, which seems odd that only one company is buying these panels from LG. Then again if you count the 27" MAC that is 2.

Does anyone know if HP or LG are coming out with their own 27" hi res IPS monitors soon? I know there is a rumor that Apple will be making a stand alone 27" cinema display and possibly announcing it in early June (but of course their price will be a lot higher than the Dell).

I think I have decided on 27" for the price and size, I want IPS and high res (2560X1440 I think) but 30" is just too big for my work space, I know most of you will say no such thing, but its truly overkill for me. Monitor will be used for 90% gaming, 10% photoshop most of the time, other weeks it might be 90% photoshop...

yeah just waiting to see if Apple does announce one in early june, won't have to deal with the AG coating if they do, just have to deal with the glossy reflectiveness (but I have no windows in the room with my computer so...

Ebay has the U2711 for $850 (goes up and down $50 but still a great price). I have a feeling Apple will be around $1200 which will make Dell go to $900 as their regular price.
Dell is way overpriced right now, and they are feeling it, thats why they had $470 specials on the U2410 just to try to match the HP zr24w price (of course HP doesn't have HDMI but thats a $20 adapter at most...)

I believe Apple is releasing a 27", IPS, LED, 2560x1440 LCD later this year. Not 100% positive on that, though.

Back