Monsters in Reverse

as some people already pointed out, Alphacool had nothing to do with this (there are other reasons to hate them, though. Alphacola and the damages it did to some systems being one of them).

It saddens me to hear of this, because Aquatuning was a nice place to shop, they had everything, and lots of cheap stuff in the bargain bin, too.

The german forums are up in arms about this move too, everyone calls to boycott AT. There is another theory though why this guy did it:
Just to make some money.
It's simple: The foreign companies often do not want a prolonged lawsuit to get their trademark back (which they would win, but given the legal system and the way it works, could cost them years). So AT offers them to buy the trademark for a certain sum and they agree, since the sum is lower than the legal costs that are to be expected.
Until they purchase it however, AT sues the crap out of its competition for using trademarked names while advertising products, thus forcing smaller shops to shut down.

Yeah, the rules of open warfare, sorry, I meant capitalism at their best...:rolleyes:

What's the skinny on Aquatuning? Looks like they are a retailer of others brands and manufacturer their own proprietary line water cooling kits, right? What if they intend to sell Danger Den and other brands of cooling supplies, wouldn't it help to have the patent names? If they intend to become a major distributor in Europe of water cooling supplies where other companies obviously haven't penetrated enough to warrant them purchasing their own trade names, well, wouldn't this potentially benefit those manufacturers more? More product sold equals more sales. Just playing devil's advocate here.

What right does a reseller have to the trademark of a companies product? Just because you are going to sell a product doesn't mean you own the rights to the brand.

Noctua has emailed me back to let me know that they have started legal action to protect their rights. Hopefully they are successful along with everyone else. It would be fitting if AT lost all of their false trademarks and lost business as a result.

At the very least it would be very satisfying to see all affected resellers withdraw the rights for AT to sell their products.

well he is right to an extent about the hatred campaign. I'm really curious what specifically set you off Kyle since ever once in a while someone pisses in your cheerios and you give it back to them 10 fold (this is actually what i really like about you), and just curious why aquatuning this time around. Obviously there's tons of injustice in the world, so just curious why this douchebag has caught your interest.

conscript:
Likely because this is something he (and by posting it on [H], we) can do something about and tell others about.

Hatred campaign? Bullshit. If Mr. Draht has nothing to hide then he wouldn't have asked Kyle to not publish the contents of his response to the inquiry.

Hatred campaign? Bullshit. If Mr. Draht has nothing to hide then he wouldn't have asked Kyle to not publish the contents of his response to the inquiry.

EDIT: Ok, re-read the post. Yeah, he's got something to hide.

Last edited:
Of course he has everything to hide. He is GUILTY. Otherwise he would defend himself, but he chooses to hide behind his lies...

Of course he has everything to hide. He is GUILTY. Otherwise he would defend himself, but he chooses to hide behind his lies...

He is not really hiding behind his lies yet, he has simply refused to answer the allegations in a sufficiently public manner. In a situation like this, usually that is just as bad.

If someone makes a claim against you with no supporting evidence, you are free to ignore their claims. You come off as someone not rising to a troll in that case.

In this case, however, there are quite a few questions regarding their behavior. And the trademark applications are not something they can deny, since it is all there in black and white. Even if it is a quasi standard practice of some corporations to use that tactic to delay trademarks from being awarded to proper owners. This is not something you can really ignore without receiving negative attention. Nor is it something that can be handled via "off the record" communications with journalists and news sites. In fact, that makes them look even more shady.

edit: A hate campaign ehh. Well, it has been a while, and usually it is well deserved. Even if the brush is not always equally applied, [H] is not the government, they can pick and choose who they go after. Oh, wait, governments do that too... :p

Last edited:
...whats that i smell???

oh that's right, another drama-fest like phantom LOL

keep racking them up like this Kyle, and you'll have to have to get the pink tutu out again....

"annnnnd the pink tutu goes to.........*insert some douche bag/company name here*"

I can't help but recall Infinium Labs and that whole debacle. Curious that the email can't be shared. Hmm.........

I can't help but recall Infinium Labs and that whole debacle. Curious that the email can't be shared. Hmm.........

If a journalist wants to keep getting "off the record" info. Not copying and pasting e-mails, when asked not to, is in his best interests.

Sorry Kyle, my money is on the Aquatuning guy. If there is one thing a German knows it is a hatred campaign.

Sorry Kyle, my money is on the Aquatuning guy. If there is one thing a German knows it is a hatred campaign.

I'd have to disagree with you on that on a few levels.

First off, Germans do not equal Nazis. Nazis know how to run a hatred campaign, not Germans. Saying such a thing about Germans is a horribly racist statement.

Secondly, Kyle would've made Hitler shit himself.

This is becoming interesting, as always. Keep us up to date.

If a journalist wants to keep getting "off the record" info. Not copying and pasting e-mails, when asked not to, is in his best interests.

I meant that it was an interesting (suspicious) decision on the part of AC/AL to request that his info not be shared.

Sorry to bump this thread, but has there been any update or public explanation from AquaTuning?

Whilst it saddens to think I spent over €400 with aquatuning for my last build (the last time they get my hard earnd cash), it saddens me even more that there are at least 3 posts in this thread being racist to Germans.

There are shite companys all over the world, that doesnt make me run to and suddenly start wanting to have ago at what ever Country they are based in.

+++The Mentor+++ said:
We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals.

shame those days seem to have passed.

PS: Hitler was Austrian not German

Back