• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monster 128gb ext ssd Trim?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 12, 2000
Messages
1,655
I just bought 2 of the Monster advanced overdrive 128gb usb 3.0 drives at Sams Club down from $ 99 to 29.81. I thinks its a fair price for Monster junk. Hoping it was a standard msata inside, I popped one apart, alas it is a proprietary usb 3.0 circuit with flash mem on board so I didn't get 2 cheap 128 msata drives. My question is trim doesn't work on usb 3.0 so how do I keep the flash optimized?. I used to use Tony Trim on older Kingston nontrim ssds. Is there a newer better way?
 
Just make a partition 10% to 20% smaller than the whole disk and leave the rest unallocated.
 
Never thought of over provisioning and I didn't think to check the chip when I had the drive apart.hopeully the controller has good Garbage collection
 
Back
Top