• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monoprice IPS Zero G screen problem

danike

n00b
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
52
I have an asus P8Z68-v Pro with EVGA GTX 570 hooked up to a Monoprice IPS Zero-G Monitor. My drivers are the newest from geforce and my bios is updated to newest version. I have been using a DVI-D cable to achieve 2650x1440 resolution and no problems.

All the sudden, i plug a different computer into my monitor and it starts using ONLY the middle portion of the screen. It's still 1440p resolution but it has black bars on the left and right of the screen. Kinda like if you watch a old VHS on a newer widescreen LCD TV.

I have tried every possible option inside windows resolution and geforce graphics settings. I have looked in the bios for settings to adjust but there isn't any that would make sense to adjust.

My gut is telling me the monitor has stopped "telling" the computer it is a monoprice 27in 1440p monitor because my device manager and windows screen resolution both show as a "PnP generic" or something. I can't remember if it used to say monoprice but I know my other Asus and HP monitors will automatically "tell" Windows they are a specific brand.

Does anyone know what I can try? The settings inside the monitor itself are greyed out so I can't adjust the edges to be pulled towards the corners.

Could the monitor just have gone bad all the sudden? It's still working great in the middle...still 1440p resolution...just less screen real-estate if that makes sense.

Thanks and sorry for the incredibly long post.
 
You're looking for a driver option called LCD Overscan. It essentially lets you get rid of the black borders you're seeing that are eating into your screen space. I'm not running a Nvidia card at the moment, but the option should be listed under one of the display menus in the nvidia control panel.
 
I have the same monitor with a 780 and it's simply reported as Generic PnP
 
Back
Top