Monoprice HDMI Cables w/ RedMere + Extra $5 Off $25 From $2 + Shipping

Ducman69

[H]F Junkie
If you don't mind the fabulous color, Monoprice has really cheap redmere active HDMI cables: http://slickdeals.net/f/7833729-ult...-cable-3-0-99-6-1-99-10-2-99-15-3-99-shipping

Free shipping if you hit $50 if you need something else non-pink. Two in the pink, one in the stink as they say!

I really like these because they are really slim, so I get 15 footers and coil the part I don't need and always have future flexibility in placement. 4K @ 60hz and 3D ready:
Ultra Slim 18Gbps Active High Speed HDMI® Cable with RedMere® Technology, 3ft Pink

Reliably connect your home theater equipment to greater distances than with passive cables using this Ultra Slim 18Gbps Active High Speed HDMI® Cable with RedMere® Technology from Monoprice!

This High Speed HDMI Cable supports the following general features:

Active signal regeneration to ensure accurate reproduction over longer distances
18Gbps data throughput
Connector heads measure only 0.6" x 0.3" (17 x 7 mm)
Zinc alloy connector heads for superior RFI/EMI shielding
36AWG copper conductors
Fabric covered jacket for superior durability
Gold plated connectors

It supports the following HDMI features:

4096x2160p (4K) UHDTV resolution @ 60 Hz refresh rate
3D video
Up to 32 audio channels
Up to 1536 KHz audio sampling rate
Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams
Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to 4 clients
Full support for the 21:9 cinema aspect ratio
Dynamic synchronization of audio and video streams
Extended CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) commands and functions
HDMI Ethernet Channel
Audio Return Channel
Deep Color up to 16-bits per channel
x.v.Color™
High Definition Audio, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and Dolby TrueHD™

I bought the same exact cable quoted when I got a Samsung 4K tv and a 970 GTX to watch TV through WMC in UHD@60Hz. The cable does not work with any UHD/4K resolution past 30Hz and it is only shielded at the connector (which is a joke when dealing with such a high data throughput).

The only cable that I got to work with my setup were Media Bridges Ultra series cables

HDMI 1.4 does not support 4k at 60hz
Correct, but they specifically advertise this as a 18gbps cable, which meets 4K@60hz standards, and also specifically advertise it as 4k@60hz capable... so either they are lying out their teeth, or he got a bad cable or because of poor shielding they only meet their rating at shorter cable lengths.

If it were a HDMI 1.4 only cable, they would advertise it as 10.2 gbps.

You sure it wasn't a bad cable or installed backwards? Was it a super long length version? Checking Amazon, all 5 star reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Per...keywords=Monoprice+HDMI+Cables+w/+RedMere#Ask

I have them myself and never had a problem, but I've also never used them at 4K/60hz.

Yep. Checked the orientation several times and even tried flipping it around when I ran out of ideas. I ordered the 6 ft and the 15 ft version and both had the same outcome.

Correct, but they specifically advertise this as a 18gbps cable, which meets 4K@60hz standards, and also specifically advertise it as 4k@60hz capable... so either they are lying out their teeth, or he got a bad cable or because of poor shielding they only meet their rating at shorter cable lengths.

If it were a HDMI 1.4 only cable, they would advertise it as 10.2 gbps.
More than likely they're lying. I spent about an hour talking to their tech support through live chat. They tried to blame the situation on my 970 GTX and the memory 'issue' that it has. I even checked the amount of memory the 970 uses when playing a 4k video @ 60 Hz to see if it was even a viable excuse for the cable to not work and it never went over ~1,500 MB used.

In the end, I just told them I want a refund for everything and a shipping label to send it back. They didn't ask any questions after that.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have 2 of these cables in my HT center. Love them. Super flexible, which means they aren't sticking out the side of my TV, and they can be run behind my baseboard molding without issue.

Note to all: they are unidirectional.

Haven't used these for 4K, but they work for 1080p60 over long range. We wired a conference room at work recently and there are 50 foot runs for the table to the video rack, and then a 40 foot run from the switcher to the TV. The signal goes through clean, no issues.

Something else to note with regards to 1080p over long distances is that HDMI to 3G-SDI converters can be had for pretty cheap these days on Amazon and the like. Using good RG-6 cable you can get 250ft or more, and good RG-59, which is nice and flexible, will do 50+ feet easily.

Back