Monkey Island Remake Release Date Announced

My poor credit card ain't happy about it. LA classics, now two parts of Monkey Island. Meh... too many games, too little times

So looks to be DL only. That blows, but it's the way things are moving towards. Still prefer physical media, but i guess i am just old school like that. Still want to get my grubby little mitts on it, though!

I miss my point and click adventure games.

Awesome!
I completely forgot that in the original, one of the lines in the end is "dont pay more that 20 bucks for a computer game"!

I cant wait to do the fencing games, you fight like a farmer!
or People fall at my feet when they see me coming.
or Soon you´ll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!

Actually, the genre isn't totally dead. It's just not quite the same as it was. The adventure company is still putting out adventure games. And some of them are quite good, if you like solving puzzles. But none of them have the humor and just plain old good times that the Lucas arts stuff had.

And i'd put that down to excellent writing and creative storytelling.

Actually, the genre isn't totally dead. It's just not quite the same as it was. The adventure company is still putting out adventure games. And some of them are quite good, if you like solving puzzles. But none of them have the humor and just plain old good times that the Lucas arts stuff had.

And i'd put that down to excellent writing and creative storytelling.

Yep, I've played a few adventure games in the last year... Indigo Prophecy, but that definitely wasn't happy or funny... Runaway: A Road Adventure was decent, had some laughs but wasn't AS good as the old Lucasarts games.

Notice these games are a couple years old now, it's just I hadn't played them until this last year.

I'm looking forward to all this Monkey Island goodness this month though.

Yep, I've played a few adventure games in the last year... Indigo Prophecy, but that definitely wasn't happy or funny... Runaway: A Road Adventure was decent, had some laughs but wasn't AS good as the old Lucasarts games.

Notice these games are a couple years old now, it's just I hadn't played them until this last year.

Indigo Prophecy was unique and excellent.

Paranormal murder mysteries and people becoming possessed and murdering strangers spooked me out. Definitely not, 'happy or funny'.

Yeah I enjoyed it as well.... and very original how you handled performing actions and such. But it was basically an adventure game at heart IMO. Very unique

Yeah runaway road adventures was a good game, they nailed the old school puzzle adventure style I thought, I've just bought the Tales Of Monkey Island and I'm about to grab the Indiana Jones games, £2.99 isn't too bad especially considering they've been made to work in Vista (and presumably win7)

They have for a long time actually, thanks to SCUMMVM. Cool to see them available for purchase though.

Yeah I've used that in the past a fair few times, but its nice to see some official support built into the game.

Edit: Apparently it's a new EXE and doesn't use Scumm, my bad... so that's a good point.

Last edited:
Back