• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

monitors with two USB upstream ports

plugwash

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
1,547
I was given an older monitor which has two USB upstream ports and
switches between them when you switch inputs. It then has two USB downstream ports for the keyboard and mouse. This means the monitor itself can be used as a kvm switch. I would like some more monitors like
this (I know I could use a seperate kvm switch but for the application I have in mind I'd preffer it built into the monitor if possible).

Unfortunately my google skills have failed me. Whatever search terms I
try I either get no results at all or a load of irrelevent results.

Does anyone here know if there are any monitors currently in production
which

1: have two inputs, one of which must be DVI/HDMI, the other can be
whatever.
2: have two USB upstream ports which are switched between when you switch inputs and two USB downstream ports for the keyboard and mouse.
3: Are reasonablly affodrable (say under £200 each).

I'm not fussed on panel technology as long as it's some form of LCD. Resoloution wise i'd say 768 lines minimum, preferablly 1024 lines or more. Aspect ratio wise 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 are all fine.
 
Back
Top