Monitors solid but not $$$

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
4,834
What are some good monitors that are definitely aren't expensive but are pretty solid? I know this isn't exactly computer audio but when recording they will be
 
What exactly is your definition of expensive, you can start out from the 100- 250 range or go from 250-500 range. Check out some of the Dells I have a 2007FPW and love it and it was a great price.

KM
 
As baker97 has posted KRK's are good monitors but I wouldn't buy them straight off the net on the strength of anyones recommendation, what one person finds as a good monitor may not be to your tastes.

Meaning you could find the track you have produced bass heavy, harsh in the high end, not enough in the bottom end etc, and so not sounding how you want it to when you play it on other stereos or audio equipment.



All that said I'd definitely say go for an active monitor (amp is built in), without knowing how much you're willing to spend it's difficult to know where to pitch this so I'll include budget to semi-expensive ones.

Here are some models that I know to be well respected:

Event TR6
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EVETR6

Yamaha MSP3
http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMMSP3

Mackie HR624
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MACHR624

Definitely get yourself down to a music store and take the along a CD of the kind of music/sound you're trying to get and see which set of monitors you prefer it on.
 
best bang for buck

Behringer Truth monitors

for the money they cant be beat, its behringer so they basically just ripped on a genelec design that costs 3 grand and sell them for 300 :)
 
best bang for buck

Behringer Truth monitors

for the money they cant be beat, its behringer so they basically just ripped on a genelec design that costs 3 grand and sell them for 300

I'll second the love for the Behringer Truth monitors. I swear by my B2030A monitors.

I bought mine at http://www.americanmusical.com. Free Shipping, An extra years warranty, no tax (unless you live in New Jersey or Nevada), and purchases over $250 can be made over 3 payments to your credit card with no interest charged by them. I have bought a ton of stuff from these guys over the years and have never been disappointed.

All that Behringer love aside, zombiebeat is absolutely correct in stating that you need to listen to them first to see if they meet your needs.
 
Back
Top