Monitors sold out on Amazon

FOSS-I

Weaksauce
I'm seeing model after model after model showing "temporarily out of stock" -- but I've seen temporarily out of stock for over 2 months on some models. Do you expect it to continue to be so difficult buying monitors over the next few months? It's not just the limited stock, but how quickly monitors have been selling.

A lot of LCD panel factories in Wuhan.... So what we have been buying up was probably existing inventory.

There are panel factories in other places like Korea, but all of the supply chains for components has been disrupted, and I am guessing the small factories that make components are also not all back in production.

I'm concerned they won't be in stock for a long time. What do you think?

I suspect limited supply for a long while, even if the factories open up they might not be outputting the same amounts.

I'm seeing model after model after model showing "temporarily out of stock" -- but I've seen temporarily out of stock for over 2 months on some models. Do you expect it to continue to be so difficult buying monitors over the next few months? It's not just the limited stock, but how quickly monitors have been selling.

Yeah there's this crazy virus out there causing supply disruptions worldwide, I forgot what it's called though.

I'm concerned they won't be in stock for a long time. What do you think?
Don't worry, they do get stock, but it gets bought out really quickly. Not only is the supply constrained right now, but all the people suddenly telecommuting are buying them up. Not to mention all the kids out of school until who-knows-when with nothing to do and parents trying to keep them occupied buying up the gaming monitors. If you're really interested in a specific monitor, you'll need to check multiple times a day. Make a search that actually brings up the monitors you're looking for and bookmark it. It's how I snagged a Zowie XL2746S. They were listing it in batches of 2. When they sold out, they'd list 2 more. That went on all day until the supply was sold out.

Don't forget there's plenty of scalpers out there too trying to turn a buck by buying out the supply and marking it up. God I hate them.

I put in my order for the "temporarily out of stock" monitor I want, so I guess I'll just wait until they have it. They said I should have it on a priority basis once it's in stock. It's just that I've seen some "temporarily out of stock" items stay that way indefinitely, for months and months.

Last edited:
I just saw an Asus that has been "currently unavailable" for 2 weeks now show "in stock May 14" and less than 30 minutes later it's "currently unavailable" once again, as presumably all the stock coming in has already been bought.

Last edited:
I just saw an Asus that has been "currently unavailable" for 2 weeks now show "in stock May 14" and less than 30 minutes later it's "currently unavailable" once again, as presumably all the stock coming in has already been bought.
Yeah, that's the best way to do it right now.

I set up a price alert on Camelcamelcamel for the AOC 24G2 that I want to get.

I am in need of a second monitor, since the 1440p 25in 60hz panel I have been using since 2014 is not great for FPS games.

Pissin me off, I have people that need monitors damnit!

1.gif
2.gif
3.gif

I just ordered an AOC 24G2 for the regular price @ $179, sold by Amazon.com.

My alert from camelcamelcamel came in while I was looking at my phone, and when I added it to my cart, there was only 19 in stock, and that went down to 18 when I refreshed the page....

I looked this morning, and it is listed as "Unavailable".

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Well, monitors are selling out so fast on Amazon it's unbelievable. Honestly, monitors are the new toilet paper.

Just saw a monitor go from 8 in stock to 3 in stock in 10 minutes. It will be sold out very shortly. I have to hand it to Amazon for not price gouging. They know how to respect customers.

All sold out now. Customers are raiding the shelves for every good value monitor available, buying as much quantity as they can. Amazon has had "limit 1 per customer" on select models to prevent this hoarding.

Last edited:
Back