• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitoring

poddo

2005 [H]orde|Bowl Champion
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
464
Ok, so I've got EM3 set up on my 2 boxen that are at my house. I'm going to be (hopefully) b0rging some at work today. Is there any way to monitor those from my house? I ask because I relaly like how EM3 shows me the very up-to-date PPD readout.
 
About the only way you can remotely monitor boxen is if you have a VPN where you're part of the LAN, but I'd be skeptical of that even.

EM3 does have a small webserver that can aggregate the stats and publish them to a web page for viewing, however I'd make sure you have permission before setting something like that up.

There's been problems in the past with people borging where this hasn't been permission given.
 
you could setup some sort of VPN to work but other then that I don't think you can

 
Larry does have an EMIII Server, which you have to buy... I've never used it, so I can't tell you how it works....


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
You need network access/permision to do this...

Install EM3 on your work boxen and use remote desktop/VNC to acess this box. You can just to a port forward to make this work (maybe even limit incomong IP to your home), but VPN = much, much safer
 
probably not worth all the trouble then. I'll just have to check my stats on the [H] site.

 
Back
Top