Monitoring software for APC UPS

unix_foo

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you guys use?

I Currently have em on Solarwinds using "custom MIBS". I want a separate monitoring suite for the UPS's since we are getting more of them. I checked their website and but can not find the right suite, they have so many monitoring apps. What I want to monitor are temp/room temp (with external probes), battery capacity, etc.

BTW price is not an issue.

I use APCs own product with their UPSs.."PowerChute"

For full room monitors....look at their NetBotz.

I second that

It a pain in the ass to set up, as it has every possible feature/option there could be, but it's nice, cuz it has every possible feature/option you could want. It even runs fine under Vista64, and can connect using any of APC's connection methods (I use SNMP to my SmartUPS). I don't have external probes, so I can't comment on that.

Just use APC's Enterprise (They may not call it that) software.

You basically install software on each machine the UPS is on- and then you install more software on a server or other central machine to hook all those client softwares together.

Then you can install "Administration" software on your personal machine (or the server)- which hooks you up to the central software on the server... Allowing you to monitor/change settings on any UPS.

Back