Monitoring North/South Bridge temp. on P5Q Pro?

Nosenuggets45

Limp Gawd
I want to make sure my north bridge temperature isn't too hot but I'm not exactly sure how to check it. I've tried speedfan but I don't know what temperature is what in speedfan. Also, what is this other heatsink for on my board?
mobotemps.jpg

If the MB didn't have a probe there you are not going to read anything in speed fan no matter what. Just buy your own probe or fan controllers that have them like Kaze Master.

The extra sink is technically for the MOSFETs although in practise it serves to cool NB more.

why not use the Everest Ultimate Edition software? it might show the north/south.

why not use the Everest Ultimate Edition software? it might show the north/south.

because if speedfan doesnt show it everest wont show it.. speedfan actually has the ability to search for the temp probes where as everest gets its information from the bios.. which is why your more likely to find temp probes that dont actually exist on the board with speedfan then you are with everest..

also the ?????? part.. thats your pwm heatsink...

Ok, thanks guys. Neither Everest nor Speedfan can help me out here. I might just grab a infrared thermometer, seems the easiest way. Plus I tend to be slightly amused by them :D

Back