• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitoring LSI RAID controller remotely via SNMP

VanFanel89

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
2,933
Hi all,

I am trying to setup remote monitoring of my LSI controller via SNMP using my cacti server. I have the MIBs enabled but it keeps telling me that there's no data when I try to run the proper OIDs.

The problem is that the system running the LSI controller is XenServer which... is a bit limited when it comes to SNMP.

So really what I am looking for is help on how to configure the RAID host system - i.e. what should be in the snmpd.conf file as well as any additional scripts, etc. This box is within my home lan, no firewall and the snmp.conf file is pretty damn simple at this time...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
 
Hi there,

Have you installed the Megaraid SNMP plugin/module on your XenServer? Or do you just have the MIBs loaded on your client which is doing the querying?
 
I did both - unfortunately it does not seem like the SNMP plugin is working right on my xenserver box since it is not parsing the OID requests :\
 
Back
Top