oldbustedjorn
n00b
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2007
- Messages
- 31
On my friends WinXP media center edition PC, I had Turtle Beach AK-R8 installed (though it's having problems as described in another post). If I unmute the speaker control called microphone, it routes the mic inputs through the headset so I can hear myself talk.
One of the things I hate about my closed Senn 280 Pros, is that my own voice is very muted and often causes me to speak too loud (causing voice problems) - so I love the option to have the sound played through that way. Add to this the 280's already have a strike against them as far as comfort goes (not a big strike, but they are a tad tight imo).
On my system, I'm using an AC-1 Barracuda sounds card, the 280's and a zalman mic. In vista audio controls, you have to select "monitoring" to hear yourself speak. The problem with this setup is that there is a very small delay in transmission so you hear your voice slightly after you speak.
If I can't fix that delay I'm going to have to go to open headphones because of the above reasons. I'm not totally against that as I've been looking at the AD-700's, but it would help me properly evaluate the 280's when I'm playing a game such as L4D.
Could it be a problem with the sound card? Or Vista? Does someone have Vista and analog cans/mic that can test?
Thanks
One of the things I hate about my closed Senn 280 Pros, is that my own voice is very muted and often causes me to speak too loud (causing voice problems) - so I love the option to have the sound played through that way. Add to this the 280's already have a strike against them as far as comfort goes (not a big strike, but they are a tad tight imo).
On my system, I'm using an AC-1 Barracuda sounds card, the 280's and a zalman mic. In vista audio controls, you have to select "monitoring" to hear yourself speak. The problem with this setup is that there is a very small delay in transmission so you hear your voice slightly after you speak.
If I can't fix that delay I'm going to have to go to open headphones because of the above reasons. I'm not totally against that as I've been looking at the AD-700's, but it would help me properly evaluate the 280's when I'm playing a game such as L4D.
Could it be a problem with the sound card? Or Vista? Does someone have Vista and analog cans/mic that can test?
Thanks