• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor without aggressive AG coating

Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
5
I am looking for a monitor with no aggressive AG coating. I already had to return the Dell UltraSharp U2311H due to its coating. I guess IPS panels won't be an option then.

The monitor should nevertheless be matte, I just can't stand glossy screens.

I mostly use the monitor for gaming and surfing the web.

It should be 23-24 inch.

I already tried the BenQ XL2410T, but it had such bad backlight bleeding - had to return it.
Its AG coating was nice though.
 
Or Eizo FS2332 / EV2335 which seems to also have PLS-panels, just like the S24A850.
 
The Samsung S24A850 doesn't have agressivve AG, but then again it has agressive backlight bleed.
 
It's supposed to have strong backlight bleeding.

Aggressive anti-glare is the nature of some panels, backlight bleed on the other hand is because of poor quality construction/ materials/ quality control, so there is a chance you can get one without backlight bleed.

The chance of not getting a U2412M for example, with aggressive anti-glare is 0, it is sometimes worth gambling with a screen to see if it comes without the backlight bleed, although IMO the 24" Samsung is quite expensive for what it is :p
 
Aggressive anti-glare is the nature of some panels, backlight bleed on the other hand is because of poor quality construction/ materials/ quality control, so there is a chance you can get one without backlight bleed.

The chance of not getting a U2412M for example, with aggressive anti-glare is 0, it is sometimes worth gambling with a screen to see if it comes without the backlight bleed, although IMO the 24" Samsung is quite expensive for what it is :p

Right, it's quite expensive :(. For over 300 € I think I could expect a monitor with little backlight bleeding.

Isn't there any TN-panel with a good AG coating?
 
Back
Top