• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor with speakers problem

minase

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
95
I have another quick question I'm hoping someone can help answer.

My lcd monitor came with builtin speakers but there's no way to turn it off (unless you press the power button which also turns off the monitor). I noticed that the speakers produces a quiet hiss even though there's nothing playing. Even if I mute the volume or pull out the input cable, the hiss is still there coming from the speakers. The only I seem to be able to get rid of the hiss is by plugging in a pair of earphones into the monitor's headphones jack.


Does anyone know if this hiss is normal and why it's happening?
 
I dunno if this will help, but if you don't intend to use the speakers, turn them too the lowest volume setting. Hopefully that will remove the humming.
 
I tried that but no luck. There's still this soft hissing coming from the speakers unless I plug something into the headphone jack. :(
 
Back
Top