Monitor with PIP over HDMI

boostified

Weaksauce
Hey guys,

Im looking to upgrade monitors and I currently have a dell 2009wa 20''. I am wanting to go to something around 24'' range, but the one requirement ive had is the fact that I would like to plug my cable box in through hdmi and use a PIP mode to use computer over DVI while viewing the cable box in the small screen. I was almost set on the xl2370 until i realized it did not have PIP feature. I don't a lot of reading and im having a hard time knowing where all the monitors ive looked at allow you to have dvi as your main source and hdmi in the PIP box. Any help would be appreciated.

My BenQ in my signature allows PIP but only with composite and S-video. At that small size I don't think having an HD source for a PIP is really necessary.

Gateway XHD3000 does, FHD2400 should, FHD2401 might

Dell 3008 might, 2410 might

armoured: it doesn't always mean an HD source via HDMI, but most cable boxes will not scale down for S-Video/CVBS, so having the HDMI connection means you can view any content available on the system, or if he wanted to have a single connection to the display (to use it as a TV as well), although I will agree, having 720p/1080p for a PIP window on a 24" is sort of "wasted"

Your correct I dont necessarily need HDMI for my PIP feed, but i already have a hdmi run from my cable box to my monitor location so I was just going to use that if I could. If not i could use a hdmi to component converter and do it that way. I was originally going to buy another monitor, but I want it to look nice and having two different monitors side by side being different sizes doesn't look good to me. So i figured Id go with one big one with the ability to have my PIP showing the tv.

So what if i didnt need HDMI as my feed. What if i ran my cable through component. Would that open more monitors to my selection?

Dell2410W

Mine does it perfectly.

Your correct I dont necessarily need HDMI for my PIP feed, but i already have a hdmi run from my cable box to my monitor location so I was just going to use that if I could. If not i could use a hdmi to component converter and do it that way. I was originally going to buy another monitor, but I want it to look nice and having two different monitors side by side being different sizes doesn't look good to me. So i figured Id go with one big one with the ability to have my PIP showing the tv.

So what if i didnt need HDMI as my feed. What if i ran my cable through component. Would that open more monitors to my selection?

a legitimate HDMI to YPbPr converter device will cost more than most of the monitors discussed in this thread except the Gateway XHD and Dell 3008

and YPbPr inputs on monitors are rare

Dell2410W

Mine does it perfectly.

awesome!

OP, knowing this, the 2410 sounds like your monitor
24", HDMI PIP, DVI input, and its a good quality display, I'd go for that

Back