• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor went out

Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
920
My monitor's red color is gone. The problem is, we have no spare monitors, and I don't have the money right now to buy one. For now, I live with my laptop :(
 
LOL. Yeah, I asked for a 17" LCD for christmas, and I hope I get it, because it would be really cool to have one of those, as I have a spare monitor, just it is in use in my bedroom right now, and I could use an LCD there anyways. I wishb that there was a way to hook my computer up to our TV, but I am not sure of how to do this, or what hardware I would need to do it. Could anyone help with this?

Thanks

John
 
a computer on a tv is almost unuseable.. unless you have an hdtv...

but you can get a video card with either s-video or composite out and hook it up to a tv...

also, depending where you live.. you probably can find one at a thrfit store.. i had a little addiction going last year when i lived near DC. i bought something like 8 monitors.. they were all under $20.. well.. some were for my mom.. i talked her into getting them.. but we pretty much replaced all our monitors and then some..
 
scottatwittenberg said:
a computer on a tv is almost unuseable.. unless you have an hdtv...
Coudn't have said it better....to get an idea, turn down your monitor's resolution to 640x480, then imagine it extremely blurry, to a point where the text is next to unreadable, and colors don't stay "in the lines".....and that's what you'll be doing. Unless of course (just as scottatwittenberg said), you have an HDTV.
 
Back
Top