• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor water damage repair

Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Messages
1
Hi guys,

Long story short, I accidentally spilled a (large) amount of water onto my monitor, mostly on the bottom. I quickly cleaned it off, but it seems like the water got into the cracks and is coming up under the screen, and the dark spot is growing. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/SyAJRES.jpg

(Yes, Solaris 10).

While it does add a really cool affect to my monitor, I'd like to get it fixed. Does anyone know if this is repairable for less than buying a new 24" monitor?

Thanks!
 
The first thing I would do is turn it off and leave it off for a week or so. If it hasn't dried out after a week, then it would be time to start monitor shopping.
 
That's amazing that it still works. I dropped an Htc phone in a hottub once and couldn't find it for about a minute because of all the bubbles. It was waterlogged and dead but after a week it decided to come back to life. You may have some left over streaking but it might be ok actually. I think I would basically wrap the entire panel in damp rid bags and point a big ass box fan at it and then leave it for a week. You can get damp rid bags at target. We put them in our closets and they literally swell up with water over time.
 
Back
Top