monitor/video card problems

okay.. i just got xp on my computer and i can't get my video card drivers to work with it. i have a g4ti4400. i've tried new and older drivers to see if it makes a difference. it doesn't. after it successfully detects and installs the card, any restarting makes the computer go to sleep during start up. it seems to be having a problem configuring my monitor. it says it can't install this device my NEC Accusync 95F, it says access is denied? what does that mean? any ideas on how i can fix this sleeping problem?

specs are below

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (stock)
Asus A7S333
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
MSI Geforce 4 Ti4400-TD 128MB DDR SDRAM TV-Out DVI-I
Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1
IBM 60GB 7200rpm HD
Quantum 8.6GB 5000 rpm HD
Creative 52x CD-ROM
Matshia 8x/4x/32x CD-RW
NEC AccuSync 95F 19" Moniter
655 Multimedia Speaker System
Logitech Media Keyboard
Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse
Windows XP professional

Hey, just want to say that I have the exact same problem - at the moment I am running on the XP default drivers. I can install the drivers fine, but when it starts up again, right after windows loads and it should bring me to the desktop; my monitor just goes to standby mode. I have a 9800 pro and some dell monitor. Actually I have had this problem off and on since I installed XP a few months ago - I usually just go back to the 'last known good configuration ' option on bootup and it seems to fix it. Apparently that isnt the case this time and I am stuck running the default drivers until I can get the problem solved =/

Most likely the broblem is that the defalt refresh rate setting is not compatible with your video cards once you install the NVidia drivers.

(the computer boots, but after the initial splash screen with the moving line, the monitor goes into standby)

Here is a way to fix it:

1) reboot the machine
2) press f8 a bunch of times until it allows you to select how you wish to boot
3) select VGA mode
4) the computer should now boot into windows in 800x600 at 60hz

NOW, select a resolution and refersh rate that WILL work for your monitor (if you fuck up, wait 15 seconds without pressing any keys, and it will change it back for you automatically).

Hope this helps!

-Skystalker

Thanks sky, I booted it up in VGA mode and set the refresh rate override to 60hz and that fixed it right away.

DrunKBunny said:
Thanks sky, I booted it up in VGA mode and set the refresh rate override to 60hz and that fixed it right away.

Anytime, bro... :)

This is a semi-common problem, but if you haven't seen it before, it's a head-scratcher.

-Skystalker

(sorry slow reply, was on vacation)
i couldn't get that to work. going into vga mode, i would change to different resolutions and manually change the refresh rate and it goes to sleep again. sure i didn't try every refresh rate but 70,85,100,120,140 all didn't work.

Back