Monitor Upgrade?

Rajincajun

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
99
I've been looking at a Flat Panel Monitor to replace my Sony G500 21" CRT that I have been using for over 10 years now. I know, I know 10 yrs old CRT?? LOL, well the monitor when I purchased it was one of the best money could buy 10 years ago.

Here is my problem. My G500 runs 2048x1536 @75Hz. All LCD's and even my 58" Plasma only go up to 1900x1048. I was looking into a multy monitor setup but I really like the one screen option better, mainly for gaming. With more than one LCD I can go higher on the Res but I just don't like the bezels of the LCD's.

From what I've seen LCD's don't go over 1900, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Do I have any options on what I'm looking to do? Will I have to go with more than one display to get the higher Res?

Thanks

R
 
There are some IPS monitors, LCD that do:
2560x1600 (30) and 1560x1440 (27) - note they are not exactly inexpensive though.

Dell U3011 - 30"

Not sure about the 27s, HP ZR2740w is one (there are posts in this forum on the various models, merits, etc).
 
There are some IPS monitors, LCD that do:
2560x1600 (30) and 1560x1440 (27) - note they are not exactly inexpensive though.

Dell U3011 - 30"

Not sure about the 27s, HP ZR2740w is one (there are posts in this forum on the various models, merits, etc).

Thanks Sherkhan, I was looking at some of the IPS monitors and man they are pricey. I'm happy with the Res my monitor does now. Just want a new one and a little bit bigger.
 
Thanks Sherkhan, I was looking at some of the IPS monitors and man they are pricey. I'm happy with the Res my monitor does now. Just want a new one and a little bit bigger.

Yeah, the IPS prices scared me away too (Since I already had 2 24s, got a 3rd and am using surround on it) - the bezel does not bother me at all in games, standard system use I am still getting used to the format (using 3600x1920 res).
 
Yeah, the IPS prices scared me away too (Since I already had 2 24s, got a 3rd and am using surround on it) - the bezel does not bother me at all in games, standard system use I am still getting used to the format (using 3600x1920 res).

I would have to sit in front of something with more than one monitor and see how I like it. I'm sure its nice having such a wide view with 3 monitors.
 
Back
Top