• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor Trips GFI?

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
11,934
I was using a 32" HDTV as a monitor. I just recently aquired a 27" Auria IPS panel and for some reason this monitor is now tripping the GFI outlet that I've got my whole computer rig plugged into. Why is my computer rig plugged into a GFI outlet you ask? Cause it's the closest one and also serves my sump pump so while I could switch outlets - it won't be convienient. Any idea why this monitor would be tripping the GFI outlet --- while my computer and old 32" Toshiba 32" HDTV did not.
 
my old samsung laser printer used to always trip the circuit as well. But my newer brother all in one laser printer doesn't trip the GFI...
 
oddly enough - I swapped the cable out from a DVI (PC side) to HDMI (monitor side) cable to just the dual link DVI to DVI cable that came with the monitor and the GFI breaker stopped tripping at power on.
 
Back
Top