Monitor traffic?

carnag3

Limp Gawd
ok so bassically i want to know what every program I run is doing in relation to sending out stuff over the net etc, I have kaspersky internet securuty (latest one) and consider myself pretty savvy at not clicking stupid stuff, I am 99% sur ei have no virus or trojans, but am always scared that a hacker is in my pc stealing my data, not that i have anything really important, i am just a security nut... question is, how likely is it that people can break in and steal my data? especially when i have kaspersky and my router is firwalled too (i think, is that what port forwarding is for? and NAT) and also, i would just liek to know what programs on my pc are doign in relations to internet connectivity. Thanks.

I would think your internet security would have some sort of application to show you whats using the network. Zone Alarm and Comodo software firewalls that I have used have those features. As for the likly hood of someone "stealing" your data is slim. Unless you have something they want, then they are most likly going to get it one way or the other.

Hackers are going to try and hack banks, schools... stuff like that.. not someones personal computer.

thanks for the replies guys, you always make me feel better haha, as for kaspersky, anybody know about where i can monitor whats going on in the network?

If you are intense on security, give Protowall / Blocklist Manager a go, they are free.
Protowall can block IP's or IP ranges and can show you what has been allowed or denied.
It works fully on XP32, functions with no monitoring on Vista32 and is not supported on Vista 64.

To monitor the actual level of DTR of your PCs traffic, use NetMeter, its free.

Hackers are going to try and hack banks, schools... stuff like that.. not someones personal computer.
Ever heard of bots?

WireShark.... one of the best sniffers out there and it is free.

Back