monitor that can do portrait

audirs

Limp Gawd
does anyone know of fairly cheap monitors that can do portrait out of the box. i need to replace the monitors at work and i have up to $200 (canadian) to spend on each one. it doesnt matter about size and it doesnt need to be 1080p res, just something that can do portrait out of the box. my boss would prefer viewsonic, but it can be any brand as we wont be too picky about this.

any help is appreciated

can you give me some models? all the dells i seen under 200 dont do portrait it seems (i could be missing some)

Since you're going the cheap route, make sure you're fine with the viewing angles of TN panels. Usually they're pretty terrible vertically which isn't a big deal to most people but when you rotate one to portrait mode it becomes a problem because now you have very narrow horizontal viewing angles where the colors shift with slightest movement.

I think any Ultrasharp monitor can be portrait with the stock stand. Or could get any LCD monitor and then get aftermarket stands (ex: ergotron).

Ideally, you'd want an IPS panel so that the image will still look good even in portrait, which it won't be on TN.

If you want Viewsonic there's the VP2365wb, however it's probably out of your budget. For an IPS screen that's closer to your budget, try the Dell U2211H or HP ZR22w.

Otherwise, have a look at the ASUS VW228TLB, ASUS ML248H, NEC E231W or anything else that's within budget on this list - I'm aware Newegg is not a Canadian site, but it's good enough to see which models can pivot.

Right now the Benq BL2400PU is 200$ at ++++. VA panel, 1080p, and can be in portrait mode. There aren't many reviews on it, though I believe it uses the same panel as the Benq EW2420, which has some reviews.

http://www.++++.com/products/index.php?sku=55963&vpn=BL2400PU&manufacture=BenQ&promoid=1338

I was very tempted by it, but I think I'm going to pass. I'm waiting for Dell.ca's U2211H to go on sale (as it is Days of Dell right now). In early May it went for around 190$ + free shipping, so I'm hoping that happens again. You can also get the U2311H, which might go on sale as well. I think on sale it goes for 220$.

edit: oh shoot, just realized this is a 4 month old thread. Sorry guys, I can't figure out how to delete the post either.

Back