• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor stand advice needed .....

Low Roller

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
1,024
I'm putting together a setup which will feature a U3011 flanked by a pair of 2007fp's in P-L-P configuration. I'd like to put these an single stand.

So far, my choices include the Ergo Tech Triple LCD Desk Stand 100-D16-B03 with telescoping wings, and the Chief KTA325.

Mounted Concepts told me either stand would accommodate my setup, with the Ergo Tech offering a bit more adjustment. The Chief is ~$100 cheaper.(though the $ isn't the only thing I'm considering) I'f anyone is aware of another stand I should consider, I'm all ears.

I have no experience with multi-monitor stands and am looking a bit of guidance.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I have no experience with Ergo Tech products, but have used Chief's stands for years, and can absolutely vouch for their quality. Chief Mfg makes industrial/commercial-grade mounts, and their products are all overbuilt. I have the dual-monitor non-widescreen version of the KTA325, and it has been in service for close to 5 years now. It currently supports an HP 3065 and a Dell 2007FP in portrait. There are no issues with droop, and the pivot system Chief uses is stable and strong, yet readily adjustable. Height adjustment with this type of mount is a PITA, but that's the price you pay for stability. As a side note, monitor height is not something I mess around with after I find a comfortable setting- that's what a height-adjustable chair and KB arm are for.

From that link, it appears that the site charges extra for the necessary parts to assemble the entire mount- i.e. the base and pole. I was about to jump on that assembly at $200, but adding the free-standing base and a 14" pole brings the price up to $285- so prices between your two choices should be pretty comparable. $200 for the arm, base, and pole would have been an absolute steal.

P.S. The 14" pole should be sufficient (height-wise) to accommodate a 30" monitor with room to spare. And go for the free-standing base or grommet mount- not sure how confident I would feel about a clamp mount for such a heavy setup. The free-standing base is a solid chunk of 1/4" steel and quite deep; make sure you have enough space on your desk.
 
Thanks for the info.

Your are right, after including all the necessary part for the Chief, the price difference between it and the Ergo Tech is negligible.

Everything I've read so far indicates the Chief is very strong. The Ergo looks a bit easier to adjust.


On another note: WTF is [H]ard censoring the word Ergo Tech???(no space)
 
Back
Top