cyruscloud
n00b
- Joined
- May 23, 2013
- Messages
- 6
I recently ordered a new pc and I am looking to update my monitor along with it. Currently I am using an old Acer X203w, a 20inch lcd screen from around 05 or 06 I think.
I've been looking at the IPS monitors a lot, my primary uses are 3ds Max, Photoshop and games. So I want good colors and contrast, but want good enough response to not have issues in gaming as well. I'm looking for something that has hdmi, and dvi, speakers would be good but not necessary and the stand would be great if it had a lot of versatility but not a deal breaker.
Models I've mostly been looking at are Asus models, pb238q, mx239h and vs239h-p. I've seen there is a pb248q but it seems to be harder to find. I'm shopping in the 200 range, want at least 1920 x 1080 and a 23 or 24 inch screen don't really need larger unless the pixels went up with it. Would rather have tight pixels than a 27 inch 1080 screen.
Problem I am running into is constant difference opinions, reviews, feedback etc. I hear good thing about dells in the same range, then I hear the anti glare looks bad on white, some people say Asus models have lots of light bleed or ips glow, some say asus support is great others terrible. Viewsonic keeps coming up I don't really know their warranties or support practices.
So any feedback on this would be nice, I'm shopping now so not really a future thing, current price and availability does matter. I'm just looking for something that fits my use, that overall has had good quality and in case of issue isn't a big hassle to get replaced. I'm ok with anti glare coating overall, I actually would probably prefer to avoid glossy as reflections are an issue in my room. I am pairing this with a digital tablet, a yiynova msp19u, it doesn't have a great screen but its overall a good tablet and does have a screen and a good price compared to wacoms so my new monitor is going to be aimed at my overview screen of my work while painting as it will likely have better color and viewing angle than the tablet, my current monitor already does.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.
I've been looking at the IPS monitors a lot, my primary uses are 3ds Max, Photoshop and games. So I want good colors and contrast, but want good enough response to not have issues in gaming as well. I'm looking for something that has hdmi, and dvi, speakers would be good but not necessary and the stand would be great if it had a lot of versatility but not a deal breaker.
Models I've mostly been looking at are Asus models, pb238q, mx239h and vs239h-p. I've seen there is a pb248q but it seems to be harder to find. I'm shopping in the 200 range, want at least 1920 x 1080 and a 23 or 24 inch screen don't really need larger unless the pixels went up with it. Would rather have tight pixels than a 27 inch 1080 screen.
Problem I am running into is constant difference opinions, reviews, feedback etc. I hear good thing about dells in the same range, then I hear the anti glare looks bad on white, some people say Asus models have lots of light bleed or ips glow, some say asus support is great others terrible. Viewsonic keeps coming up I don't really know their warranties or support practices.
So any feedback on this would be nice, I'm shopping now so not really a future thing, current price and availability does matter. I'm just looking for something that fits my use, that overall has had good quality and in case of issue isn't a big hassle to get replaced. I'm ok with anti glare coating overall, I actually would probably prefer to avoid glossy as reflections are an issue in my room. I am pairing this with a digital tablet, a yiynova msp19u, it doesn't have a great screen but its overall a good tablet and does have a screen and a good price compared to wacoms so my new monitor is going to be aimed at my overview screen of my work while painting as it will likely have better color and viewing angle than the tablet, my current monitor already does.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.