• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor(s) does not work, please help!

Chowder Head

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2005
Messages
244
Earlier this week, I decided to pull the comp out from the desk and do a little dust cleaning inside. It was filthy in there since I haven't cleaned it in a while.

Anyway, when that's all done, I return it to it's place and hook everything up but something is not right. After I realized my monitor was not showing, I checked the connection. It seems like for some reason two of the little metal things on the device used to connect to the computer are gone. I then try to use my old big screen monitor, which has a fine connection, and see if it works. It doesn't.

This has been my primary computer for a while, until I build myself a better one which I'm doing right now. I don't know why this happened or what caused it, or what I could do to repair this.

Do you think it might be the video card? I really have no clue and would appreciate any help any of you guys could provide.

I can also provide a picture of the connector in question if it would help you guys.

Thank you for any assistance, it's much appreciated.
 
Did you look inside the output ports on your video card? It sounds like you might have broken the pins off inside of it...
 
You might have shorted your video card out. Did you use compressed air and (or) sprayed the compressed air on the card itself? Did you turn the PSU off before touching anything inside the case? If the monitor powers on and you're not getting any image it's more then likely the GFX card. If you've tried using another monitor and it shows, then it's not the gfx (obviously).
 
Back
Top