• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor repair place?

WoKeN

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
104
Anyone know where I can get my planar px2611w monitor repaired? I am 1 year over my warranty and they won't offer any repair services. Places I looked near by while looking online only offers over paid and under qualified people.

I'm sure it's just a case of bad capacitors that need replacing. My monitor flickers after a while then just shuts off while the power is still on though, it can't seem to find an input source. I'm sure it's the monitor cause every other monitor and other output source works fine.

I opened the monitor up and can't find any capacitors that have domed, maybe I'm just not used to seeing them myself, and the process seems a little over whelming when I think about doing it. I'd just feel more comfortable who doesn't find it as a big deal as I do and won't charge me 150-300 dollars to fix it.
 
Bump, does anyone know any dependable repair site that won't cost me an arm and a leg to replace capacitors on a monitor?
 
I once read on here (or maybe another very similar forum) that a guy got his capacitors soldered by some guys at a local junior college on the cheap. They did it all the time, unlike him, and 10x as fast as well. Outside of that sorta scenario, expect to pay out the ass for monitor repairs just as you would TV repairs :(

Now may be the time to consider selling your monitor on eBay to cut your losses. It's been a year or so, but I used to see some non-working and shitty-looking 30" panels go for 60% MSRP... *facepalm*

EDIT:

Also, I missed this when I posted before:

and won't charge me 150-300 dollars to fix it.

I guess to each his own, but $150-300 really isn't much considering the cost of another non-Korean 27" IPS. That's a pretty fair price I'd say, since they'd have to diagnose the problem, order materials, fix the problem, and then confirm that it's working. Not saying you couldn't do the work for $10-worth of capacitors, but like you said yourself the process can be a little overwhelming and to get it done professionally might give you peace of mind.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top