Monitor recomendation please

Tych-0

Gawd
Hi, I'm buying a new system in the next week or so and I need a good monitor, possibly monitorS to go with it. I'm going somewhere near all out on the system i7 930/5970, and I want a monitor to match.

My current favourite is the Dell U2711, though part of me would like something a little bigger. Maybe even buying a couple more down the road for Eyefinity...though the $$$ on that option seem pretty rediculous.

This computer will be used for everything, gaming, movies, web surfing, report writing...you get the point. Really though, the most important factor is that it works well as a gaming monitor. I play a lot of FPS games, so input lag and ghosting are as important as image quality to me. Budget really is whatever gets me a monitor I'll be 100% satisfied with, but I can't reasonably go over $1500 unless you can make a very good argument to convince me.

If you need anymore info, I'd be happy to provide it.

Cheers, and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I'd go with the Samsung 320mp-2 32" monitor. Samsung is the best out there and I've seen the monitor for less than $360 online. Bigger is always better!

Thanks for the reply but that monitor is only 1366 x 768, and is not even in the same class as the U2711. Bigger in this case certainly is not better.

The more I read the more I think the U2711 is the right monitor for me...unless somebody thinks there is a better option out there.

Back