Monitor problems with Vista

nu8reed

n00b
I just installed Vista 32bit on my computer. After I installed the drivers for my video card (2600xt), the screen size has shrunk and the full screen is not used. There is about an inch of blank space all around the borders. Any ideas of what is causing it?:confused:

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, changing the resolution/refresh rate, and nothing seems to help. When I boot up the bios screen shows up fine.

You say you've tried changing the resolution; assuming it's an LCD, have you tried the native resolution? I ask because a lot of people seem to like running their LCDs at non-native resolutions (which is unbearable in my opinion), and the drivers could be set to centre the resolution you set, rather than scaling up to full screen.

Yes, it is at its native resolution, 1900x1200. I am using the newest ATI drivers.

Nvidia drivers have the ability to resize the screen to fit the display, it's something you manually fiddle with but it does work, ATI doesn't have something similar buried in their drivers somewhere? Or maybe you could use a 3rd party utility, search for screen resize or something.

Back