Monitor Problem (unrelated to video card, etc; just the monitor)

VashX

n00b
I turned on my computer today then turned on the monitor. The screen flickered and then it's blank. Obviously, something's wrong with the monitor. Earlier today, my mom checked her email but it was working fine. I tried turning the monitor on without the computer on and it still remains black. But I noticed that I could barely make out the message on the monitor that says "No PC Signal." So it barely works but hardly enough for me to see.
Is it the adapter or the actual monitor itself?
The company and model of my monitor is: IMRI AccuVision 510F

Simple diagram of adapter (If it'll help in any way)

its the monitor, I am having issues with my samsung ATM and emailed their tech support. this is what they sent me:

"Thank you for contacting us. Please run the monitor's self-test feature. To do this, disconnect the monitor from the computer and power it on with no connection. The test screen shows a moving image stating that there is no connection. If the described lines appear on the test screen, the unit is in need of service. If not, the problem may be somewhere else in your computer system."

Samsung

This is the second time I had to RMA this monitor in a year. fuckin pisses me off.

you might want to try this out also.

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

everytime i posted an issue about my monitor i never got help though, but its worth a shot. :mad:

LOL where did you get that thing? Google search brings up all foreign language sites, not an english one in the bunch.

Its probally the monitor as it does power up. Sounds like the circuit that powers the backlighting has failed or is failing.

Sorry man just no good news here if you have tried another monitor on the computer and it works. Like motherboards, if its not under warranty you are out of luck as it will cost more to get it fixed (if the repair shop would even bother) than to buy a new one.

For sure test the monitor on another PC / laptop / etc. It's probably the monitor, but I have had video cards that bit the dust along the way, too.....

Monitors that I've had over the years always seem to go along just fine then one day.....DOA. Usually been the high voltage tripler, and alway$ been impractical to fix.....

Good Luck - B.B.S.

Back