Monitor Problem (Possibly)

Corbin

Limp Gawd
Recently whenever I turn on my computer, my monitor will not turn on with it. I will have to unplug the power and then re-plug it in a few times before the monitor finally turns on, but it is always in 1024x768. If I try to change to the native resolution (1680x1050) it sometimes works, but other times it will just make this weird humming noise and turn "off" but with the power light on red, like nothing is connected. If I restart after this happens, it will go through half the bios on, and then it will be off when windows would normally come up. This is very frustrating! Is it my monitor, or could it be the connection cord, or even the video card? All the specs are in my signature. Thank you in advance for the help!

Got the intermittent connection issue a while back. It was the cord.

Do you have a spare cord lying around or a neighbor you could borrow one from?

Almost replaced my card before I found out it was the cord.

I know it's a month later but I just got around to getting a vga cord from my friend after the monitor failed to connect at all after a few reboots. The monitor worked with my other computer and this computer perfectly with the new cord, so I thought that all was fixed. I went to bed and when I woke up the monitor failed to connect again, only this time it would show the acer logo and then power down and do this over and over again. I then plugged it into my other computer and it did the same thing. I tested an old crt monitor with both computers and they worked fine. Could this cord be faulty too? Or is it my monitor?

Back