Monitor Overheating?

Krenum

Fully [H]
I've been having issues with my HP 2711x for about a month now. At random I will lose power to the monitor, it has an LED light above the Power connector on the back, when this happens the LED with turn off, monitor goes black, but I do not lose a video signal from the Video Card.

Once I unplug it for a couple of minutes, I plug the power cord back in the LED lights up and the monitor turns on.

Could this be a overheating issue? I don't believe its a video card issue due to the fact that I don't lose signal.

The monitor also has a brick which gets relatively warm. I've had the monitor for about 4-5 years.

I've been having issues with my HP 2711x for about a month now. At random I will lose power to the monitor, it has an LED light above the Power connector on the back, when this happens the LED with turn off, monitor goes black, but I do not lose a video signal from the Video Card.

Once I unplug it for a couple of minutes, I plug the power cord back in the LED lights up and the monitor turns on.

Could this be a overheating issue? I don't believe its a video card issue due to the fact that I don't lose signal.

The monitor also has a brick which gets relatively warm. I've had the monitor for about 4-5 years.

Sounds like the capacitors are wearing out. You could open it up and see if any of them look deformed. But unless you want to solder new ones in it's probably easier to just buy a new monitor.

Sounds like the capacitors are wearing out. You could open it up and see if any of them look deformed. But unless you want to solder new ones in it's probably easier to just buy a new monitor.

Thanks for the reply, I'll probably start looking around to see what I can afford.

Back