• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor Noise Problem

erik8hfr

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
102
My monitor is S22B350. It starts to have high pitch noise when I set 13 to brightness and contrast. After I switch using the mode to Game and so on from Samsung MAGIC Bright, the noise is gone.
 
Normally I'd say it's the inverter about to blow, but you have a LED monitor and they don't *HAVE* inverters :) Is it under warranty?
 
I'd RMA it if I were you - funny noises from equipment that are not supposed to make noise is always a bad sign.
 
I think the coil whine cause me a little headache when sitting in front of my monitor.
 
I sit away from the monitor for around 85 cm. Is it good for my eyes and head?
 
Coil whine probably from the dimmer thingy?
Doesn't necessarily have to be on its way out. But yeah, if that's the setting you have to use and thus are forced to listen to it all the time it might have a slight negative impact on your 'subconscious'. Kind of like tinnitus wears people out because of the annoying noise.
I'd try securing the power cable a little better, maybe use a different outlet or bypass the UPS (if any).
 
Back
Top